Spotify for WP8

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not using it. I use Deezer, much better for everything. Even if you don't pay you will retain the radio feature.. better and more choice than Nokia Music+

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not using it. I use Deezer, much better for everything. Even if you don't pay you will retain the radio feature.. better and more choice than Nokia Music+

I just read all reviews in store applied for Deezer ... a lot of claims about it ... does it work well for you ?

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
finally, but i was suprised they did nothing on the ui, just change the color scheme or something, and a download prorgress would be nice , and 2.0?? its a 1.2 version
fast mockup
spotify.jpg

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
finally, but i was suprised they did nothing on the ui, just change the color scheme or something, and a download prorgress would be nice , and 2.0?? its a 1.2 version
fast mockup
View attachment 28447

what important change a working ui or get a app that work?

Some time i feel that Spotify can't do any thing that get the community satisfied
Just my opinion

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Was it really a complaint or was it a question?
a 1.0 upgrade for most is a some kind of overhaul, new features ui changes :)
Just my opinion

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy they released the Spotify app! So far it appears to be working perfectly. Now I have to decide whether I want to use Spotify or Xbox Music. Each has advantages and disadvantages for my given setup.

Spotify:
+ can be used on multiple platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows 7 & 8
+ simple PC desktop interface
+ can add songs to playlists on the phone
+ social integration with Facebook (not that I use it much)
- cannot be used on Surface RT
- no Xbox 360 app
- no easy way to stream to home theater
- interface is bland

Xbox Music:
+ integrated with Windows RT, Windows phone, Windows 8
+ easily streams to home theater through Xbox 360
+ Smart DJ on phone app
+ attractive interface
- not compatible with Android or iOS
- windows interface needs simplification
- unable to manage playlists from phone

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Spotify to my desktop & Windows 8 phone. Created a Playlist via my desktop app last night. All looked good. Went to the gym and opened up Spotify on my phone & went to my Playlist started the first song and that was all it played. For the life of me I couldn't get the Playlist to play. How do I get Spotifiy to play thru the Playlist? Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having battery drain issues after installing and using this app. I haven't had this issue since the Nokia Drive caused battery drain right after the 920 was released. MY phone normally lasts all day on one charge, but i just looked down and it's at 20%. I just installed and used Spotify this morning, it's the only change i've made.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Spotify to my desktop & Windows 8 phone. Created a Playlist via my desktop app last night. All looked good. Went to the gym and opened up Spotify on my phone & went to my Playlist started the first song and that was all it played. For the life of me I couldn't get the Playlist to play. How do I get Spotifiy to play thru the Playlist? Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not having that problem. You do have Spotify Premium right?

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Premium 30 day trial.

I'm having so much trouble finding a way to get a working Playlist on my Nokia 920 & was hoping Spotify's offline Playlist was the answer. ugh!

tjsrowe

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Beware, people: this version is seriously broken.

Previously I could use Spotify on my iPhone without racking up massive data bills - it wasn't unusual to spend the train home listening to stuff that wasn't cached.

Yesterday I had it running for a 90 minute drive home. The result: 1.2GB of data against my mobile plan.
Not only that, but on the iPhone version it would download and cache any song you had starred after playing it. My 'Starred' playlist? Only a few songs actually cached.

Be very careful of this version, the 'beta' tag is well-deserved.

On another note, what's with Spotify being *yet another* music player that doesn't even have a shuffle feature/button!?
Seriously, WTH is with this? Of every music player I've tried (about seven), only one has had a shuffle/random play button, and that's only in one obscure place.
Also, how about some kind of indicator in lists of the track currently playing, and remembering where we were scrolled to in lists?

So many other small annoyances with the Spotify WP8 player, eg you can's swipe across tracks rapidly - you can't skip to a new track until after the next track has loaded/started playing.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
On another note, what's with Spotify being *yet another* music player that doesn't even have a shuffle feature/button!?
Seriously, WTH is with this?

In the WP8 Spotify app you can turn the shuffle and repeat features on and off by clicking "..." while you are listening to a song. I am not sure about the data usage because I have been listening over wifi.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm anyone else stuck in offline mode on spotify for WP8? It was working a few days ago but it says it's offline and i can't search or do anything really. Web app works fine though

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I like music. I'm not a music whore but i like to listen to music. I don't like to download music or go on youtube to find tracks individually. I have the desktop free client for spotify. What I do is just go on radio and choose a genre that i want to listen and the music plays nonstop. I like random music.

I don't mind getting the premium if this feature is available on WP8? Is it or something similar where I can just hit shuffle and random music plays without me having to find songs one by one?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Never mind. Realised it can't. just right clicked on about 500 songs and added to playlist on the desktop client. Will just shuffle that on my phone. It's not ideal, but it will work for now :)

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten Spotify to work yet. At first it seemingly locked up while attempting to log-on and I had to uninstall and re-install to solve that. Now that I can log in I search a track, click on it and all I get is the dancing dots and again it seems to lock up. I do have a premium account too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99