Banking apps; Windows Phone's real Achilles heel (in the UK at least)

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So NatWest released their app today; and it's looking very good. A fully featured app on par with the iOS and Android versions. And it's not just the mobile site wrapped in an app (like some other banks tend to do). A job well done.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Great to see a Uk bank supporting there customers, just tweeted Lloyds Tsb and Halifax asking if they are going to look after there customers and produce an app.
Will fall on deaf ears but worth a try
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got a tweet back from Tsb

damo damo @damolee73 18 Feb

@AskLloydsTSB Natwest have today released there banking app for Windows Phone. Please support your customers as well and make an app for us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyds TSB Lloyds TSB
@AskLloydsTSB

@damolee73 Thanks for the feedback, I'll ensure your tweets and interest in this are recorded. ^RS

06:13 PM - 18 Feb 13

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got a tweet back from Tsb

damo damo @damolee73 18 Feb

@AskLloydsTSB Natwest have today released there banking app for Windows Phone. Please support your customers as well and make an app for us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyds TSB Lloyds TSB
@AskLloydsTSB

@damolee73 Thanks for the feedback, I'll ensure your tweets and interest in this are recorded. ^RS

06:13 PM - 18 Feb 13

Recorded... Recorded and what? Ignored? Sat on for 6 months? Rejected? Laughed at?

They could do so much better than a stock response like that.

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Recorded... Recorded and what? Ignored? Sat on for 6 months? Rejected? Laughed at?

They could do so much better than a stock response like that.

They sound like robots, so canned. On a happy note Natwest has released a good app (I'll update the post with a link in a bit)

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the NatWest banking app yesterday and it works better than the iPhone version, it even has the money withdraw feature which the iPhone version doesn't seem to have!
Everyone contact your bank via email too and get their attention! more people need to do it to get their attention!

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the NatWest banking app yesterday and it works better than the iPhone version, it even has the money withdraw feature which the iPhone version doesn't seem to have!
Everyone contact your bank via email too and get their attention! more people need to do it to get their attention!

I opened a Natwest account just to try out the app haha; on a relevant note, RBS app is now in the Store.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Great to see another Uk bank supporting the platform and there customers.

Well Done Royal Bank of Scotland 😉

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Barclays are now planning an app for Windows Phone, maybe in a response to NatWest & RBS releasing their app. He here the response I got from Barclays.

Thank you for your email dated 20/2/13.

We have to advise that the mobile app is not compatible with any windows device at present and we apologise for the inconvenience that this may
cause.

We understand that there are plans to release a Windows App in the near future but are unable to provide you with timescales at this time.

Yours sincerely,

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
At least Barclays are possibly revaluating WP, just need HSBC (and Nationwide) now and all the major UK banks will be there.

Don't forget the Government owned bank Lloyds Tsb and Halifax.

Just shows you though, they will start producing apps now another high street bank has added an app to make themselves look good nothing to do with customer service.

Or is that me been cynical

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Just shows you though, they will start producing apps now another high street bank has added an app to make themselves look good nothing to do with customer service.

Nah, it's the fformer, competition it is because banks don't do customer service

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Halifax have given me canned responses despite mentioning competition. NatWest looks like it could be a fab choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3