Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jcboliveira
  • 1 Post By theprawn
  • 1 Post By wharfratg

Hi, can anyone recommend a good cycling/tracking app? I've tried the one that has the most ratings (and a really long name) but it doesn't seem to work (anymore?). I've tried another one called "Cycle Log" but it thinks I'm on a sport car rather than on a bike as it reports me going at 160 km/h...

Anything else?

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    I use Chaser, which is a client for the Strava website. While the website has lots of great features, the Chaser app is very bare-bones; start ride, end ride, and then it uploads. But it works well, and if you're not on Strava already you should be. :)

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I use GPS & GPX logger. Very dodgy interface (be careful when uploading) but it will log your ride and upload a gpx to your Dropbox account. You can then upload this manually to strava or whatever it is you use. Records elevation and speed etc.
    Marathon! Very happy with it. And the battery life is good with the app. I recently did a 5 hour mountain bike ride and my phone was still around 60% at the end of the ride.

Second for Marathon, it's a really solid app for tracking your data. And on WP8 it uses background GPS now, so even more awesome.

Sports tracker.
    Pro
    Nice graphics nice companion site.
    You can download the gpx using the site.
    It estimates calories
    You can use a HR sensor but I didn't test
    Con
    You have to use another site for correcting altitude
    For road or commute the calories are correct but for mtb they are way off.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_portugal_431 using Board Express
    gomezz likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I've found the runtastic app (which syncs with a service of the same name) works great.
    xandros9 likes this.

I have used Sports Tracker and am pleased with it. I haven't tried Endomondo or Runtastic yet so I don't have anything to compare it against.
    gomezz likes this.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Endomondo is quite good, I use it for running but there is a cycling mode I think. Tracks your route and provides stats etc that you can save and upload.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    I use Chaser, which is a client for the Strava website. While the website has lots of great features, the Chaser app is very bare-bones; start ride, end ride, and then it uploads. But it works well, and if you're not on Strava already you should be. :)
    I've been using Chaser regularly (most days) for a few months now and have found it to be great. Accurate tracking, good battery usage, simple interface. Unfortunately it seems that Strava has gone & changed the API's and haven't granted access to them yet, so Chaser has stopped working & been pulled from the marketplace (carlinapps | We are a couple of developers, doing apps in our spare time.).

To rub salt in the wounds, I just ran a circuit as part of a mini-comp we're running at work and I have the GPX sitting on my phone but I can't upload it & can't get access to it! Aaaaargh!

Well, I guess I'm on the lookout for a new app until Chaser is fixed, why can't Strava just release their own app for WP8, it would make things so much easier! Even better, why can't WP8 let me access the appdata to retreive the GPX file manually, or chaser let me export it, or anything that lets me not have to rely on the upload working.

Ah well, first world problems I guess.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I use LocaToWeb which is for WP8, Android and iPhone. It is a real time location tracker that enables your family and friends to follow you live. However, you can also track in private mode. Then you can log in to LocaToWeb - Real time GPS tracking and see all your archived tracks.

Thanks for those references.
    I will try soon Marathon !
    I tried to find Chaser but it seems this app is no longer available.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I use my Suunto watch now instead of my smartphone, but I previously used Runtastic Pro for both cycling and running and it worked great.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I just started using my Windows phone for biking. I'm not sure it's more accurate than my bike computer with a sensor on my tire but that's a separate discussion. My first time app is Cycle Tracks GPS and it's fantastic. I also downloaded Cyclometer and will try that out. Now, these apps will hook into strava and ride with GPS. And reason to choose strava over ride with GPS or vice versa?
    Thanked by:

Another vote for Sports Tracker.
    Lumia 820 / Hudl tablet (Android) / Nokia 5800 (Symbian)

In prefer sports tracker, already have 2.200km 😊

I'm using Adidas micoach, and this is in my opinion the best tracker app. It's free, it has elevation chart, speed/pace chart, almost everything I need for cycling. It works great, no crashing, works in background. Also it has great web service where you can review your activities, very detail....

Hi,

I would like to put my Windows Phone app as another option for tracking and upload directly to the site Strava.com totally free.

Cyclers
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...1-d5332d033b9f

Cheers,

Kleber Alves

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleber Alves View Post
    Hi,

I would like to put my Windows Phone app as another option for tracking and upload directly to the site Strava.com totally free.

Cyclers
    Cyclers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Cheers,

Kleber Alves
    Thanks!