Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. M L

Anyone familiar with Gigwalk?
    This is really the big one that I want. They have iphone and android but no wp8. Even though Microsoft is a customer, and they have work on projects for photosynth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vheissu View Post
    Amazon MP3
    YESSSS! I would love access to Amazon Cloud Player on my phone. There was an Amazon job posting back in June for someone to develop the app, so hopefully it's currently in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    1. Wells Fargo Banking App with the my spending report
    Wells Fargo is working on WP8 apps. I think they're supposed to be released sometime this quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    Only two apps that I want that WP8 doesn't have: Nook and United Airlines.
    +1 for Nook!

i want some car based game on window phone 8 like iphone....especially drag race type

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Wargames WOPR

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Teamviewer

I don't know why people are hating on wanting Instagram. It really is an essential app, whether people like it or not, and it could very well be a big decider in bringing a huge market to WP8. That being said...

1. Instagram
    2. Firefox (Nothing against the IE in WP8, I'd just rather use Firefox)
    3. Tweetbot (Don't think it will ever happen, and Tweet It is a good alternative to the official Twitter app, but Tweetbot is the best Twitter client on iOS, would LOVE to have it on WP8)
    4. Tumblr (either the official one or Tumblita)
    5. Mint
    6. Wells Fargo (I'm sure it's on the way, seeing as how all the other banks are on WP8)

And just a bunch of more games.

I'd have to say the two most important ones I want are:

Viber for long distance calling... So important.

And a much better Facebook app, like at least one that can attach photos in private messages! C'mon.. Not even the browser can do that
    Quote Originally Posted by WhippedKream View Post
    I'd have to say the two most important ones I want are:

Viber for long distance calling... So important.

And a much better Facebook app, like at least one that can attach photos in private messages! C'mon.. Not even the browser can do that
    Then you don't have a Nokia?
    I see numerous listings, bit I wonder have anyone who posted on here actually bring the concern to those companies? I bet not. Consumers could push these companies more than Microsoft if they know or was jolted to make one.
    Thanked by:
    M L 
    M L likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    For me its evernote!
    Evernote is out on wp7/8.
    Last edited by Duvi; 02-24-2013 at 02:32 PM.

One that will disable th elockscreen from coming on

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    I want Instagram and an official Facebook app. But it doesn't matter what we want because MS doesn't seem to be doing much about getting the big developers on board.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I want Instagram and an official Facebook app. But it doesn't matter what we want because MS doesn't seem to be doing much about getting the big developers on board.
    How you figure? Are they saying "No, instagram, we don't want you on our platform"?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    They were willing to make Facebook and Twitter apps themselves. They've not made an Instagram one. They've not incentivized developers very well as a whole, seeing as they don't even have any games from their in-house franchises on the platform. They've done a horrid job of convincing developers to join the platform over the past few months.
    Thanked by:
    gapost 
    Vavali likes this.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    My most requested apps is viber with calls not that viber messanger/tango/fring ( i hope one of these comes soon available for windows phone 8 )
    Glwiztv app
    justintv
    for games i would like to have some gta games and bad piggies

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    They were willing to make Facebook and Twitter apps themselves. They've not made an Instagram one. They've not incentivized developers very well as a whole, seeing as they don't even have any games from their in-house franchises on the platform. They've done a horrid job of convincing developers to join the platform over the past few months.
    Absolutely. And the FB and Twitter apps they made stink. Especially FB.
  19. M L

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    I see numerous listings, bit I wonder have anyone who posted on here actually bring the concern to those companies? I bet not. Consumers could push these companies more than Microsoft if they know or was jolted to make one.
    I agree. Any suggestions on how to successfully lobby these companies to expand their services to our OS?

^try emailing the developers

Temple run and Temple run 2
    completely optional games though so, not much really.

definitely a fully-functional Facebook app is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by M L View Post
    I agree. Any suggestions on how to successfully lobby these companies to expand their services to our OS?
    Ifyou're talking users, there's not really anything WE can do. The only way to convince developers to support the platform is the get the phones into people's hands. Messaging the developers is not going to work beyond a certain point, because they don't care if everyone in a 3% marketshare user base e-mails them.

MICROSOFT could do a whole heck of a lot, though. They could hire developers to work for Microsoft, then assign them to jobs for various companies. For example, they could hire 5 developers to make a proper MLB At Bat application, another 5 to make an Instagram application, etc. Basically, they pay the wages of the workers making the apps for a little while. The other option is to GUARANTEE a certain amount of revenue to developers. Basically, they find out how much the app needs to make to be profitable/sustainable. However short the revenue falls from that goal, Microsoft subsidizes the difference, maybe for 1-2 years. Again, an example is that maybe MLB expects to have 25,000 downloads of its At Bat application on Windows Phone to prove itself worth the money. If they only sell 20,000 of them, Microsoft picks up the cost of the extra 5,000 (which, at $15 apiece, is a rather-small $75,000 for Microsoft).

For games, they could lend companies developers to add in Xbox LIVE functionality, I'd bet. If Microsoft's OWN developers were working on that portion of the application, maybe the certification process goes more smoothly?
    Thanked by:
    M L 

An app for efficient protection of both picture- and video media (that does not require Skydrive).

I think along with the well known missing apps (for example, Instragram, Flipboard, Pinterest, Temple Run), there are some country specific apps that are missing for me as a UK user - namely, my local bank, BBC iPlayer and Sky Go. With the news that UK sales have increased to 6% of the market, I'm hoping hitting 10% in the near future will make companies rethink Windows Phone.
  24. M L

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post

MICROSOFT could do a whole heck of a lot, though.
    Thanks. Yeah, I guess I (and a lot of people on here) don't really understand how it works as far as apps being programed for each OS, and the politics and economics of it all. I just read an article last week where Instagram said they would Not develop a native Instagram app for blackberry. It's really up to them. I'm not sure they (or any other app developers) would accept a modified program from outside, even if it was from Microsoft. -Metrogram, InstaPic, InstaCam anyone?

I'm not holding out hope for help from Microsoft until they can at least give us Photosynth on WP8.
    Thanked by:

SiriusXM! .-,

There used to be 3rd party apps but I guess they don't show up for WP8. Frackin dingleberries >_<
    Current Phone 1 = Nokia 920 WP8
    Current Phone 2 = HTC Surround w Mango
    Older Phone 3 = AT&T Tilt 2 (TP2) WM 6.5 OEM
    Current Level of Sanity = None ^^
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast