Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have recomended many of my friends to buy windows phone 8 phones and the lack of viber/tango/fring is killing us, i know there is skype which works very well but we cant call android or tango friends when they are not logged in, and i tried wechat which needs to first send an messege before u can call... so we really need those apps so bad..

i know viber and tango and recently fring has promised to bring them on but when, I have bought nokia lumia 920 22.11.2012 and by then viber and tango promised to bring them soon and its been almost 3 months and nothing yet.. ( its just ubelievable how long it takes for them to update their wp7 apps to wp8)

there is kakaotalk and line but these are also without calling feature, i really hope even one of these apps gets updated to have calling feature.. i have emailed on their twitters , viber only answered like: We dont have an release date yet hang on..
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,276 Global Posts
    There's no word on when those apps will get released. While I prefer to stick with Skype, my family likes Tango which is already available on WP7, iOS, and Android, so I'm surprised Tango hasn't released a WP8 version yet.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    They will come out precisely when the app developer decides to release them.

I would suggest sending an email to them.
  4.    #4  
    it would be great if you guys know their emails and give us their emails so we can send them mail. thank you

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    They usually are posted on the developer's website. Why would we have them?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    They usually are posted on the developer's website. Why would we have them?
    i did not find.. i meant if anyone found them then can post their mails here so we can mail them

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    All three have publicly posted support email addresses available within 2 clicks of their homepage.

I would post them here, but encourage others to do the digging themselves instead of just relying on others.
    Viber - 10th March 2013
    Tango - 19th May 2013
    Fring - 2nd November 2013

Viber and Tango will be Nokia exclusives for 4 months and Fring will be 1.29

Note: I made that up to put your mind at ease. In complete honesty, don't wait for any app on WP8. What we have now is what we might be looking at even after 3 months.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  9.    #9  
    come on couldnt find their mail, only twitter or facebook..

anyway can we hope any (voip) new apps from mwc? nokia shows new phones will they show new (exclusive) apps too? btw microsoft has keynote too?

If MS launches proper Skype with full integration, I don't think we may need more such clients...
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Viber has stated that an app is 'in the works' on numerous occasions. I think judging by the pace at which Skype and Photosynth is being developed, we can safely assume it's a ***** to develop for WP8

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    you said you tried WeChat, why don't you send WeChat an email requesting they change the video chat request feature?
    What ever happened to Tango for WP7?
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    nothing happened to it, its still there...
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    nothing happened to it, its still there...
    Okay lol I don't use WP7 anymore so I wasn't sure. And I thought that all 7 apps show up in the 8 store as well. Idk lol
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    no they don't show up... only if the app is compatible with both devices, otherwise it only shows up in the compatible store

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    As a general rule of thumb, support@whatevercompanyyouaretryingtoreach.com will get through to someone in support.

Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    you said you tried WeChat, why don't you send WeChat an email requesting they change the video chat request feature?
    I think there is a reason for that. On iOS WeChat is age-restricted. Anyway, I think as long as the other party replies one message, it will be ok for several days at least.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fardream View Post
    I think there is a reason for that. On iOS WeChat is age-restricted. Anyway, I think as long as the other party replies one message, it will be ok for several days at least.
    not several days only ten minutes.. and besides that it doesnt work half as good as skype, i call my friends phone my phone shows its calling and one minute later it shows on friends phone , same thing when my friend calls me.. so wechat isnt an option for me..

Viber and tango were on wp7 and when i try to download from their sites viber of wp7 it show that it doesnt support my phones resolution, and if that resolution is the only problem how is it that it takes so much time to fix it
    Last edited by halamadridkimi; 02-22-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Viber’s HD Voice Feature for Windows Phone 8 “Coming Very Soon”
    http://www.trutower.com/2013/01/08/vibers-hd-voice-feature-coming-to-windows-phone-8-coming-very-soon/

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers2 View Post
    Viber’s HD Voice Feature for Windows Phone 8 “Coming Very Soon”
    http://www.trutower.com/2013/01/08/vibers-hd-voice-feature-coming-to-windows-phone-8-coming-very-soon/

I've seen that "very soon" since 2011.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

As for tango, u can vote for it in the Feature Requests section tango on lumia 920 : Tango Support Center.
    They said:"
    Hello,

Tango is not available on Windows Phone 8 devices at this time, but this is definitely something we hope to be able to support in the future.
    I have moved this topic to the Feature Requests section so it can receive more exposure and the community can vote for it.

Thanks!"

yh, but as a lumia user, u might expect it sooner rather than later

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halamadridkimi View Post
    not several days only ten minutes.. and besides that it doesnt work half as good as skype, i call my friends phone my phone shows its calling and one minute later it shows on friends phone , same thing when my friend calls me.. so wechat isnt an option for me..

Viber and tango were on wp7 and when i try to download from their sites viber of wp7 it show that it doesnt support my phones resolution, and if that resolution is the only problem how is it that it takes so much time to fix it
    try contacting WeChat and voice your concerns. Things cannot get fixed if they're not aware of your problems.
  25.    #25  
    nobody ever answers, only viber answers and they tell us its coming soon, that soon has been told 4 months now..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast