WhatsApp 2.9.3

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Got another update for Whatsapp today, seems to have fixed the long load time on previous update. Also appears to have fixed app crash when changing display picture. Not sure of any other changes though

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Got another update for Whatsapp today, seems to have fixed the long load time on previous update. Also appears to have fixed app crash when changing display picture. Not sure of any other changes though

I've heard the large tile now shows the message. But I can't confirm, as nobody writes me messages at the moment ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
didn't expect them to get this update out so quickly though.

They still need to let us send audio/video both new ones and the ones saved on phone, leave the audio API alone and eventually show less battery hogging behaviour! So yes, it's pretty but functionality wise, a lot more work needed!

J Hisham

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the heads up. Downloading it right now. Wow, whatsapp sure acts fast on user complaints. Way to go. Hope fixes for the battery hog will come soon

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the heads up. Downloading it right now. Wow, whatsapp sure acts fast on user complaints. Way to go. Hope fixes for the battery hog will come soon

Haha! They never act fast on user complaints. If that was the case they would have left our audio API alone!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, which is a bummer. Well, maybe they haven't figured that part out yet. What ever it is, I hope to see more good things to come from them.

They need to make separate WP7.x and WP8 versions to leave audio api alone or abandon the reliability for WP7.x crowd and keep same version. I think they want to reach more users just via one app rather than make two apps.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
where does the update come from i updated to 2.9.2 last night and i actually prefer the old one, slow load times and i;m not convinced it is hugging my battery a bit more...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
where does the update come from i updated to 2.9.2 last night and i actually prefer the old one, slow load times and i;m not convinced it is hugging my battery a bit more...

Well update to 2.9.3 now as it fixes the slow load times. As for the battery drain, that's due to their use of the audio API to keep the app running in the background. Nothing can be done about that till they introduce another way.

AHMED STOKON

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
thank u heijenoort
i did it manually by going to whatsapp section in the store when i pressed it it showed me the update button ;)
but supposed to be another way to update an app right ?
and my store Region is Egypt (i think few WP8 users there in Egy)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)