Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Got another update for Whatsapp today, seems to have fixed the long load time on previous update. Also appears to have fixed app crash when changing display picture. Not sure of any other changes though
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    Got another update for Whatsapp today, seems to have fixed the long load time on previous update. Also appears to have fixed app crash when changing display picture. Not sure of any other changes though
    I've heard the large tile now shows the message. But I can't confirm, as nobody writes me messages at the moment ;)
    Thanked by:
    Also you can now view larger profile picture of contacts AND on tapping make it nearly full screen. Sweet!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    I've heard the large tile now shows the message. But I can't confirm, as nobody writes me messages at the moment ;)

Yes, the large tile now shows the last message received
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by bernatns View Post
    Yes, the large tile now shows the last message received
    +1 definitely look VERY native. Glad to see them at least taking UI seriously, if not functionality at core!

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    anthonyng likes this.

Taking photos now does not crash the app. Previously 2.9.2, crashes after taking a photo to attach to the chat.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    didn't expect them to get this update out so quickly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    didn't expect them to get this update out so quickly though.
    They still need to let us send audio/video both new ones and the ones saved on phone, leave the audio API alone and eventually show less battery hogging behaviour! So yes, it's pretty but functionality wise, a lot more work needed!

The app is even faster now... Looks like they start to take WP serious
    Technoloay likes this.

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Downloading it right now. Wow, whatsapp sure acts fast on user complaints. Way to go. Hope fixes for the battery hog will come soon
    Quote Originally Posted by J Hisham View Post
    Hey, thanks for the heads up. Downloading it right now. Wow, whatsapp sure acts fast on user complaints. Way to go. Hope fixes for the battery hog will come soon
    Haha! They never act fast on user complaints. If that was the case they would have left our audio API alone!

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Haha! They never act fast on user complaints. If that was the case they would have left our audio API alone!
    Yeah, which is a bummer. Well, maybe they haven't figured that part out yet. What ever it is, I hope to see more good things to come from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Hisham View Post
    Yeah, which is a bummer. Well, maybe they haven't figured that part out yet. What ever it is, I hope to see more good things to come from them.
    They need to make separate WP7.x and WP8 versions to leave audio api alone or abandon the reliability for WP7.x crowd and keep same version. I think they want to reach more users just via one app rather than make two apps.

Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    where does the update come from i updated to 2.9.2 last night and i actually prefer the old one, slow load times and i;m not convinced it is hugging my battery a bit more...
    Store ^^

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robert peake View Post
    where does the update come from i updated to 2.9.2 last night and i actually prefer the old one, slow load times and i;m not convinced it is hugging my battery a bit more...
    Well update to 2.9.3 now as it fixes the slow load times. As for the battery drain, that's due to their use of the audio API to keep the app running in the background. Nothing can be done about that till they introduce another way.

Global Posts
    32,982 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Moved to Windows Phone Apps.

mine is stil 2.8.10
    how to get the update ?
    i tried go to store and can't find any updates for any app !?
    lumia620
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by AHMED STOKON View Post
    mine is stil 2.8.10
    how to get the update ?
    i tried go to store and can't find any updates for any app !?
    lumia620
    Which is your store region?
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

thank u heijenoort
    i did it manually by going to whatsapp section in the store when i pressed it it showed me the update button ;)
    but supposed to be another way to update an app right ?
    and my store Region is Egypt (i think few WP8 users there in Egy)

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AHMED STOKON View Post
    thank u heijenoort
    i did it manually by going to whatsapp section in the store when i pressed it it showed me the update button ;)
    but supposed to be another way to update an app right ?
    and my store Region is Egypt (i think few WP8 users there in Egy)
    some people do not get notifications of new updates, I used to suffer from that, the problem just went away
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    Until they fix this, they can take their app and shove it... I mean seriously...
    screen-capture-36-.jpg

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    hipporama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Until they fix this, they can take their app and shove it... I mean seriously...
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    what do you mean?
    Press the volume button after you exit WhatsApp and you'd know! ;) WhatsApp uses the sound streaming API to keep itself 'alive'

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    2.9.2 went fine.

2.9.3 has killed my phone.

Installed and uninstalled three times. Each time I install, my phone starts to lock up. Get black screens, wont respond.

Delete whatsapp and it goes away. Now I cannot use it. Ugh.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast