Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I know android gingerbread apps can run on bb10 and I heard that soon even jelly bean apps can run on bb10. So can someone explain to me why they can't run on wp8? It would really make our OS more attractive to other people.
  2. Best Answer

Because it would look horrible and out of place with the rest of the OS and also not a very fun or happy experience.

Developer

It's because Blackberry have included the Android Java runtime within the OS http://developer.blackberry.com/andr...droid_Apps.pdf

Technically it may be possible for MS to do this but it would take a lot of work to integrate it with the Windows Phone framework (and Windows Phones may not have enough memory). But doing so would be seen more of a sign that WP has failed.

Because Microsoft hasn't expended the effort to create a runtime for Android apps on Windows Phone (and likely never weill).. Blackberry went through the effort of creating this and they use some similar technologies (Java), perhaps it wasn't as difficult as it would be for Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Because it would look horrible and out of place with the rest of the OS and also not a very fun or happy experience.
    Thanked by:

just use them on a blackberry, or get BlueStacks for Mac/PC. You'll see why Microsoft didn't want it to be included, they just don't belong to windows phone (nor bb10)

Oh okay I get it ,thanks

I will say if I wanted an Android I would buy an Android, not sure that this is actual in the long term interest of blackberry or WP to do this.

So as of now no way we can android app with with wp8 device or there is a work around

Android=Linux. No way Microsoft would ever allow it, even if it was technically possible.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

It is simple. Android Support Open gl and windows support directx. Windows does not support Open gl es .

PIN
    No
    Why can't you put a square peg in a round hole? The OS is not set up to run these two diverse sets of programs.