(Official) Twitter app updated

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
the new app is officially the best twitter app now i hope they do facebook over.....i jus wish when u quote tweets u could use RT instead of the quotation marks

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I've read through this thread and seen no complaints so it must be me alone. Once I start using this app my phone gets hot.

Not warm people, hot! I know the difference. And you know what accompanies the heat. Yup, you guessed it. Battery drain.

Going to reinstall and hope it fixes it.

On the positive side, the app IS beautiful.

Reinstalled and phone seems to be back to normal now.

anon(5354555)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm showing an update in the Store for the Twitter app. Not sure if I'll uodatre or not. I like the dark theme.

Gfouts15, are u on Wp8 or 7.X ?
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

WP8 on Lumia 920. I do tend to get lagged updates compared to some others. I am in DFW area in Texas.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just saw an update for Twitter and now it's reverted back to the 01/07/2013 version 1.5.1.(v1.3.4692.24603) Uhh what? I guess they pulled the new version already.

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It is dumb but just reverted back to v1.3.4692.24603... Whats with that?

Shortly after my post I received an update for Twitter and back to 3.0.031940.

Last edited:

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
WTF! And they have removed the Black Theme, what is with phone/app/every technologi thingy with the bright colours and white themes, hurt my eyes in a dark room. They can not call it a update when they remove something that is not a bug, that's a downgrade ;)

cgrymala

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
This is very strange, indeed. My wife & I own basically the same phone (she has the 8 gig HTC 8X, I have the 16 gig HTC 8X). She and I both updated yesterday. She was notified of another update today, and installed it, which rolled her back to the old version. I haven't been notified of any "updates" since I installed the new version yesterday. Her Marketplace shows the old version as the current version; my Marketplace shows the new version.

Something really weird is going on with this app.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm
same market place region for you and your wife right? (might seem like a silly Q but just checking)

in the aus marketplace the web store.. shows 2.0 as the latest version.. my phone shows it as 1.5
even installing through web store gives me 1.5

Edit:
Changed phones region to US .. accessed US market and updated it to v2.0 again
safe to say i wont be accepting any twitter updates any time soon :p

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
What a really odd situation, I'm with you Hamzie11, I'm not touching any twitter updates in the near future. Unrelated - anyone in Aus got 7.8? All quiet on the subject here in nz

cgrymala

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmm
same market place region for you and your wife right? (might seem like a silly Q but just checking)

Yeah, we're both set to "United States" for our Country/Region. We're both on the same network (same family plan), and bought our phones at the same time.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, we're both set to "United States" for our Country/Region. We're both on the same network (same family plan), and bought our phones at the same time.

After I got bumped back to 1.5 I had to uninstall v1.5 and then reinstall twitter app. It was still 1.5 and I was grumpy, went to repeat the process and an update arrived restoring to 2.0 so if she hasn't tried reinstalling give that a go.

SonOfJewel

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with Rowi, it's still better than the twitter app in ny opinion.

not nearly in the notifications department. Rowi does not have lock notifications very disappointing.

It uses push notifications and I am alerted when I receive a mention(toast) but, if I didn't see the toast or hear the notification I have too open my phone too see if I have a notification.

How do you have push notifications but not lock notifications kinda defeats the purpose in a way.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
not nearly in the notifications department. Rowi does not have lock notifications very disappointing.

It uses push notifications and I am alerted when I receive a mention(toast) but, if I didn't see the toast or hear the notification I have too open my phone too see if I have a notification.

How do you have push notifications but not lock notifications kinda defeats the purpose in a way.

I see your point, but Twitter notifications aren't that important to me for them to be on the lock screen. Technically, I would prefer more than 5 slots for notifications on the lock screen. So for now all I have on my lock screen are email, phone, and whatsapp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99