For those who own Amazing Weather HD app and are experiencing trouble with live tiles

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I own a Lumia 920 and have been facing issues with live tiles not updating periodically for the past couple days. I noticed that when I uninstalled (followed by clearing IE10 history and doing a soft-reset) Amazing Weather HD, all my other live tiles work. As soon as I re-install and re-pin its live tile, all tiles stop updating. I tried this multiple times with same result. I know can't conclude based on my experiment that Amazing Weather HD is responsible for stopping other apps' tiles from updating. That is why I am seeking help from community members who might be in a similar scenario. If you have Amazning Weather HD and experience trouble with live tiles updating, could you please try un-installing this app, then clear IE10 history and do a soft-reset, and see if the tiles update over the next few hours.

I also just sent an email to the devs asking them if they are aware of any such issues.

Thanks in advance!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here. It never updates unless I tap the live tile. I sent the developer 3 emails about it and all were ignored...so far. Going back to Weather Flow. It ALWAYS updated the live tile properly. I got this one based on everyone talking about how amazing it was. It isn't if it cannot follow an update schedule properly.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had Amazing Weather on my Titan II and now on my 920. I don't have issues with it. My live tile and lock screen update flawlessly. Wife's 920 does not have issues either. Best weather app I have used. Not sure why some are having issues, seems really odd.

I have had issues with live tiles before, and it was all of them. They eventually righted themselves. Not sure the cause. It hasn't happened to me in a long time though. Wish I had an answer. I have seen quite a few posts over the past year or so about live tiles not working properly.

Last edited:

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing some other app may be interfering with Amazing Weather HD for it to not update live tiles and the lockscreen automatically, because I've tried uninstalling and installing Amazing Weather HD a bunch of times and it still doesn't update automatically - I always have to go in to my pinned weather tiles, wait for them to update, and then back out again. Kind of annoying for an app you have to pay for, but hopefully whoever the developer is will fix this sometime soon.

Last edited:

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Dear Sir,

We are working on an enhancement update within two weeks to add the ability to track the Background process to check what is going in case of issues, also in the coming days a small update will be available to refresh the look of live tiles.

Mean while please contact us at amazingweather@eizsoft.com so we can asset you more and please mention this thread in the email so we will know.

EIZSoft team :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thought I should provide an update since I started this thread. Like Squatting Hen mentioned, my live tiles seem to have righted themselves too. No issues with any of them. Amazing Weather HD tile also updating flawlessly. Not sure what the problem earlier was, but it did affect the performance of all the "live" tiles pinned on my start screen. Tried narrowing down the potential root cause of the issue but could never figure it out. Anyways, can't wait for the next update with refreshed images on the wide tile.
Tried using Weather Flow when I had trouble with this app's live tile, but could not fall in love with it. Kept coming back to Amazing Weather HD. Love this app and am very glad the live tiles have been working for quite some time now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923