Instagram Campaign #2InstaWithLove!

Spencer Prince

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay guys so Nokia is putting pressure on Instagram to bring it to WP8 but the part that scares me is that it may only be for the Lumia Series. I use HTC's Windows Phone 8X and I want it on my phone as well not just exclusive for Nokia. So I'm joining their campaign #2InstaWithLove right from my HTC device and I was hoping that you guys can help me with it.

Here how were gonna do this:

Go to twitter and tweet these hashtags and users
#2InstaWithLove
@Instagram
@WindowsPhone

Also please make sure you tweet your device company; @SamsungMobile @HTC @Nokia therefore they can know what device you're using and this wont only be just a Nokia thing.

Last but least, please download this picture and include it in your tweet.

Guys, I'm starting a campaign and I'm right behind Nokia using my HTC phone to let my voice be heard. If Nokia can do it, so can we. And if you're not interested in joining my campaign.... Nokia's campaign then please keep scrolling and keep your comments to yourself.

Attachments

• WP8.jpg
    WP8.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 251

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, let me explain my theory. I think 90% of Windows Phone users want Instagram only so more people will support the platform and ease worry about major apps missing from our Marketplace. However, very few of us actually use the stupid app. I think it's great to see effort from users such as yourself and from manufacturers like Nokia but I honestly couldn't care less about Instagram coming to the Windows Phone platform - unless it increases our user base and the NOK stock.

Spencer Prince

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if Instagram did come to WP8 then a lot more people would be more open to buying Windows Phone and it would put alot of pressure on Microsoft to take care of their product and push it to the maximum potential.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i love nokia and i don't really like when samsung or htc users complain about lumia exclusives BUT i understand your pain and therefor i am going to join your campaign even thigh i have a lumia but i will tag htc and samsung too!

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, let me explain my theory. I think 90% of Windows Phone users want Instagram only so more people will support the platform and ease worry about major apps missing from our Marketplace. However, very few of us actually use the stupid app. I think it's great to see effort from users such as yourself and from manufacturers like Nokia but I honestly couldn't care less about Instagram coming to the Windows Phone platform - unless it increases our user base and the NOK stock.

I want the App to actually use it : /
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The #2instawithlove app and campaign are actually a lot of fun. I've been using it since yesterday and it's kinda neat to search the hash tag on twitter or browse the app pics to see what other WP users are doing. Several are ironically posting the stock pics that come with a WP. One person posted a pic of a pile of dog crap which made me lol. I'll try to remember to tag the other mfg companies.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

This is very selfish thinking. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it won't benefit the platform. Instagram is facebook using photos and who wouldn't want to show off the 920 camera? Also, where did you get this "90% of Windows Phone" statistic, can you post the study? I ask that you refrain from projecting your opinion on everyone else. Not everyone thinks instagram is "stupid."

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
He said everything right, except for the word stupid. I have never used instagram either, but I have read in these boards how important it would be to the platform, so I'm out there hashtagin' my arse off.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It's too early to really tell, but there's been a #2instawithlove tweet every three minutes (rough BS average). Perhaps it'll die down, but if this campaign didn't spark interest from Instagram in the platform, it may make a case for Nokia's own social image sharing site given their global perspective and ability to tie it into their other services. If it did take off, the question would then be how long would it stay exclusive to our platform.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This is very selfish thinking. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it won't benefit the platform. Instagram is facebook using photos and who wouldn't want to show off the 920 camera? Also, where did you get this "90% of Windows Phone" statistic, can you post the study? I ask that you refrain from projecting your opinion on everyone else. Not everyone thinks instagram is "stupid."

Settle down there buddy. I said "my theory" and "I think" - asking me to point to a "study" is rather asinine. So, while you are so easy to jump on me, I am just expressing my opinion on the matter. I honestly don't think most WP users care about actually using the Instagram app - so says a thread on this site about it that has how many posts? As I said, I would welcome it's addition as another application to the marketplace to help growth. Other than that, we have a tendency to constantly look into the past as WP users instead of looking into the future.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't care about instagram but I will do it anyways to increase popular app support on platform. Once popular apps start coming to WP8 it will benefit userbase in general. Other popular app developers might start to show further trust in platform. For the sake of platform in general community should support all such campaigns. One of such campaign might help you and the other might help 100 others. So support please.

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I stopped using instagram once i got my lumia 920, havent really looked back, I thought it would be an app i would miss in terms of communicating with certain people. I hope that WP8 does get the app, would help in terms of making people think its a well rounded OS with apps that are popular. (we know it is but it would put away a few nay sayers)

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Noticed last night that the #2InstaWithLove app is now available for all Windows Phones, not just the Lumias.
Installed on my HD7 running 7.8.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what to think about the Nokia #2instawithlove campaign. It's not that I don't care that instagram arrives on WP (Nokia exclusive or not) but I personally don't like the campaign. For me personally it's just a low media move from Nokia. Let's face it we all are brothers and we love each other until it's about money. So for me this is just a cheap move from Nokia to beg media attention and to throw dust in the eyes of mass consumers.

I see 2 cases now. Instagram is willing to make a wp app an which case they may had struck a deal requesting engineer or money support (from MS most likely) so Nokia making this #2instawithlove campaign is just using Instagram image for it's own selfish mediatic purpose. This is a move to be blamed not praised.
In the other case Instagram announced that they are not interested. Nokia may have tried to buy the app as one of their exclusive(in Intagram position I would clearly refuse these on the spot) and the price asked was to high. And now they launch this campaing embarrassing themselves and even antagonizing Intagram. If they hoped they could reduce the bargain price by this campaign or force the issue with this campaign they are simply lunatics. It's easier to just have a meating with MS and all other WP OEMs put down some numbers and send them to Instagram to show them the platform is worth it. This #2instawithlove is not helping with anything but to give Nokia free media time(I don't care it's about internet media and not TV or radio).

I simply blame Nokia for such a low move. They should not go so down to use another company image in order to gain media attention.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you remember the Hi I'm a Mac and I'm a PC, or Samsung's the Next Big Thing campaign, those were low moves by Apple and Samsung but the constant bombardment worked for them. (well not really for Apple)

I see it as this way that Nokia really cares about their consumers by joining them in letting Instagram know that there is a demand for their app on our platform and there is nothing wrong with it. It's almost the same as a bunch of members creating threads on forums and making petitions. They aren't making ridicule, or begging, or harassing, or throwing money in Instagram's face and getting refused although we don't know that for sure lol. They are just simply saying, Hey Instagram we would love you to be on our platform, there is our love.

Btw, any media attention is better than none.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what to think about the Nokia #2instawithlove campaign. It's not that I don't care that instagram arrives on WP (Nokia exclusive or not) but I personally don't like the campaign. For me personally it's just a low media move from Nokia. Let's face it we all are brothers and we love each other until it's about money. So for me this is just a cheap move from Nokia to beg media attention and to throw dust in the eyes of mass consumers.

I see 2 cases now. Instagram is willing to make a wp app an which case they may had struck a deal requesting engineer or money support (from MS most likely) so Nokia making this #2instawithlove campaign is just using Instagram image for it's own selfish mediatic purpose. This is a move to be blamed not praised.
In the other case Instagram announced that they are not interested. Nokia may have tried to buy the app as one of their exclusive(in Intagram position I would clearly refuse these on the spot) and the price asked was to high. And now they launch this campaing embarrassing themselves and even antagonizing Intagram. If they hoped they could reduce the bargain price by this campaign or force the issue with this campaign they are simply lunatics. It's easier to just have a meating with MS and all other WP OEMs put down some numbers and send them to Instagram to show them the platform is worth it. This #2instawithlove is not helping with anything but to give Nokia free media time(I don't care it's about internet media and not TV or radio).

I simply blame Nokia for such a low move. They should not go so down to use another company image in order to gain media attention.

WWith all due respect, I really think you're over thinking the situation. I think Nokia did this campaign as a way to show Instagram that there is demand for the app. And while I enjoy Instagram, I'd hardly say this app has anything in common with it outside of a filter option. And even then, Instagram doesn't have a monopoly on filters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99