Windows Phone 8 App preview by MS not working

Satish Nair

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Untitled.jpg
Does the Windows Phone 8 App Preview provided by Microsoft work? It detects my phone. It displays the home screen (screen attached), which shows "Well, Hello there! Lets get started". After that it does nothing when I click on "Continue". I have provided a name for the phone and unchecked the checkbox to "Import photos and videos to my PC". But it does nothing at all..:(

Please advise..or suggest some app which helps me to sync stuff between my HTC Windows Phone 8S with my PC. I am running Windows 7 on my PC.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Its not supposed to work; that's why its called App Preview.
If it actually worked it would've been called Windows Phone 8 App Premium 365 and $99 a year for upto 5 devices :winktongue:

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
But on a more serious note, I had to download and install it more than one to get it to work, and even so the sync seems to take forever. Do you use iTunes to sync your music? I guess it's still got a few bugs and hopefully gets fixed when it comes out of preview.

Satish Nair

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Its not supposed to work; that's why its called App Preview.
If it actually worked it would've been called Windows Phone 8 App Premium 365 and $99 a year for upto 5 devices :winktongue:

Ha ha that a good one indeed Abdul. Anyway, I have given up on this. I havent used iTunes lately. I tried using Zune..but that too failed to detect my phone.

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
@Satish Nair: I think you don't need to use MS app to sync things with your Windows Phone. Just connect your phone to your computer and open windows media player, it recognize your phone automatically, then you can use it Sync tab to sync music to your pc.
just give it a try.

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
If you're using Windows 8 then I recommend the one from the Store. It works really well by comparison, even if it's a bit limited.

Satish Nair

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
@longnd: Media Player would be useful to sync just music i assume. But what about other stuff like pictures or to move other files to/fro from the memory card?
Anyway, I seem to have issues while connecting Media Player too. Pls check the screenshot below. Media player too does not detect the device though i have plugged it in.
Untitled.jpg

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Windows 7 64bit and this app also fails to do anything after clicking "continue" :-\ My Phone is Huawei Ascend W1. So how (the ****) can I sync music and pictures with my pc if I don't want to use cumbersome bluetooth sending?

Pranab

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The reason the App doesn't work is your SD cards aren't formatted correctly.

Format the SD cards to reflect FAT32 file type/status, and it'll work just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett