Nest Learning Thermostat - Windows Phone 8 & Windows 8 App Request

greg_mitch

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have owned a Nest Learning Thermostat for some time, but have been frustrated at the lack of Windows Phone and Windows 8 (metro) apps. I have tweeted to @Nest and they directed me to a forum post on their website. There are several comments there in support of developing an app. Nest says that they do not comment on anything that is still being developed, but they are swayed by commentary on their forums.
I don't want to flood their forum with Windows Phone or Windows 8 fanboys, but if you seriously are interested in Nest or already own a Nest Tstat and would love to have a dedicated app, please go to the forum post and add your support by commenting on the suggestion.
https://community.nest.com/ideas/1014#
At the very least, they could release a public API so 3rd party developers could fill in the gap.

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the idea of Nest, but my wife and I agree that without an app, it is just an expensive thermostat. If they made a Windows Phone / Windows 8 app, we would be buyers.

220SeaChaser

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the third party version. Works great except that there is no option to change from heating to cooling. I'm sure this can be included in a future update, provided Nest doesn't shut down the API on it first.

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just did a hard reset on my 920 and cant get the Nest Thermostat app because the app store is saying that it is no longer published. I would have lived with live tiles not updating had I realized this. I used that app multiple times a day!

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Gary - where did your App go?! I have 2 Nests and can't get any App to run them. You have a definite market for your App if you re-publish it.
Thanks, MadSci2

Kamen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Nest is acting quick to take down any unofficial apps which is garbage. If they don't want to make one themselves they should at least let someone develop a third-party app. I just don't get it. There are plenty of people out there wanting this app and even willing to pay a couple bucks for one. I am coming from Android and it was one of the best apps I had. It was so convenient to be able to drop the temp in my house while stuck in traffic so the house is nice and cool when I got home.

anthonypham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Gary - where did your App go?! I have 2 Nests and can't get any App to run them. You have a definite market for your App if you re-publish it.
Thanks, MadSci2

I just published my Nest thermostat app to the store yesterday and it supports multiple Nests/locations, you can get it here wellNEZTed | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I contacted Gary before releasing my app and I suspect the reason why wpnest was unpublished is because of trademark infringements. This prompted me to rework my UI and try to not infringe upon any trademarks. I originally had something similar to how Nest's website/wpnest/the other nest app looked, it is hard to envision something different when their implementation is so clean and familiar.

Hopefully my representation is decent enough for you all to use!

bevmo73

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The app is great, thank you.

The nest web site just improved a lot in the last couple of days BTW, works much better on IE as a 'web app' for controlling on, off, away, temperature, but scheduling isn't really possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo