WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljc93

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I too receive a lot of delayed notifications. I'm using a HTC 8S and my whatsapp hangs sometimes when i launch it. Unfortunately i dont think there's a kill task function like android or iOS? Therefore i had to restart the phone.
Another thing is on my iPhone, i'm able to turn off the ringing for group chat which i find very useful as i have alot of groups in whatsapp. So with that function in iOS, group chats will only give me notifications. No ringtone or vibration which i think saves alot of battery life.

ljc93

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Also, i have not started adding my Contacts into the phone but i did link facebook to my account and contacts based on facebook did integrate in but not in whatsapp. Meaning i have a friend, lets say "Friend A". His contact is pulled off facebook, so if i text him or call him, the name "Friend A" will appear. But in whatsapp, its just +0123456789. I had to add a new contact with the same number and link this 2(existing from facebook & the 1 i just created) contact together then will whatsapp be updated with his name.

nachikethas

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
whats up is really annoying in wp8.
especially when using group chatting. i am getting '7 unread messages' like that but i wont appear. sometimes i only have to relay on notifications. used whats up in nokia 500 and worked really good. they seriously need to fix this thing.
:angry:

aka P

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Another thing we all could possibly do is to use the report concern to Microsoft option available on the application's page.

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I mailed Neeraj Arora from Whatsapp and delivering you what he said to me :

"thanks for the email. There has been some issues with Microsoft's notification servers for last few days. We have reported the issue to them and they are working to fix it."

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been getting delayed messages but when I read the message, the notification goes away but then comes back again...just started today

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its a Microsoft problem, as we can see some of us do get the notification sent to the phone but when we launch the Whatsapp app the message is not there?

Whatsapp had been working great for me up until a few days ago. Now messages sent to me are arriving 20+ minutes late. I hope they get this sorted quickly.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal that while typing messages I can only select windows smileys/emoticons, but when I send the message, the whatsapp counterpart of the emoticon is sent. Often the facial expressions of the emoticons don't match at all, is there a way to see the whatsapp emoticons in the onscreen keyboard?

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have no more delayed notifications anymore. Maybe it is a temporary situation. Must be given some time maybe...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Where do the videos downloaded from whatsapp get stored?

It stays within Whatsapp. You go to the contact where you got the video from. Tap on ... then tap on info. Then swipe left. It should be under media. - If you uninstall whatsapp - all that goes! I don't think you can save it to phone.

Ranak Mann

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp is harassing me.

Is anyone else facing this problem? For the past twenty minutes it is going on sending the same phantom notification: 'hahaha' of a whatsapp contact. It is becoming really annoying. There you go, one more phantom notification as I finish writing this post. I want to wring its neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs