Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    HD video support, support for both front and rear cams, and video calls in both portrait and landscape.

Is that all? Was expecting a log out button...

Edit: There happens to be a log out option, renamed as Switch Accounts, which is viewable in the slide-out menu while viewing your profile. CONFIRMED log out by closing and re-opening the app.
    Last edited by Muessig; 12-19-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Edited thread title
    Thanked by:
    longnd likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You got it before Belfiore hinted on Twitter ;)

He's also teasing a few things for morning
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YCSMD View Post
    You got it before Belfiore hinted on Twitter ;)
    Timestamp or it didn't happen. :P
    kptsalami likes this.

Yep, log out possible, still no background functionality..... Sad, Microsoft....

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Could it be instagram or at least Pandora that they showed off at the WP8 months ago

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Joe Belfiore just posted on twitter some tease tweets about new upcoming apps.

He wrote that "@joebelfiore: ..and if you look in the right place now you *might* be able to find one we've improved to help keep-you-in-touch with people even better."

I looked Facebook on the Windows Phone Store but it wasn't updated. Tried Skype and it had a new version but there's no changelog.

Check his TL, he said some more apps are coming this week starting tomorrow (today) morning.

EDIT:
    Update:

Skype for Windows Phone updated. Adds high definition video support and more | Windows Phone Central

Microsoft bought Skype back in May of 2011, so you’d think we’d have the premier mobile Skype experience on Windows Phone right? Well, it’s been somewhat of a rough start. The first app on Windows Phone couldn’t run in the background and more recent versions have been missing features found on iOS and Android. Well, Skype just got another update for Windows Phone, let’s see what it brings.
    The last big update to Skype came back in early January. But if you direct your attention to the Windows Phone Store, you’ll see a new Skype sitting there at version 2.4.0.108. What do you get in the latest version? Three nifty features actually.

• Face-to-face video calls look better than ever with high definition video support.
    • Show your smile or just what’s around you – with front and rear camera support.
    • Video calls in portrait or landscape, whichever feels best.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 03-19-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Reported the update beforehand, ha.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Great, can't wait and hope 7.8 is included.

New version is still only 2.4. Its still called a preview and I don't see anything different.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dalydose View Post
    New version is still only 2.4. Its still called a preview and I don't see anything different.
    I notice a Log Out option...

Installed successfully... Glad now we can logout... But many issues are still to be addressed. I hope the stability is improved now... And I have not clue how long Skype wants to keep this in preview mode... It's almost 5 months since WP8 has been launched and I'm still waiting for proper chat application on this platform. Sometimes I feel it is MS push notifications that are screwing up the message delivery

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    It's about 3:15am in the East US... I don't have the time to test the client. Just wanted to grab the update and go see if I was able to log out... which I did.

well skype perfectly work in background of my lumia 820 you should make sure always on wifi after opend skype just use window button its working in background and its work perfectly and i receive calls even lock screen

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Skype does come up in the background task list though

Quote Originally Posted by holzlondon View Post
    Yep, log out possible, still no background functionality..... Sad, Microsoft....
    Why Sad? They've sorted the biggest thing people have been moaning about (Logout), and given a couple of extra features. Better to deliver this, then move on to the next features, than to keep people moaning, and waiting even longer.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    Why Sad? They've sorted the biggest thing people have been moaning about (Logout), and given a couple of extra features. Better to deliver this, then move on to the next features, than to keep people moaning, and waiting even longer.
    In principle, you're right. I think there's something wrong with my phone. Be that as it were, I'll admit i should probably be happy they've made some significant improvements, instead of getting hung up on the one issue that I continue to have issues with.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    In principle, you're right. I think there's something wrong with my phone. Be that as it were, I'll admit i should probably be happy they've made some significant improvements, instead of getting hung up on the one issue that I continue to have issues with.
    Please make sure your phone is not in battery saver mode.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    Skype for WP8 gets updated with new features. Pure silence.

Skype gets a beta on another platform. E-RAGE!!!!!
    Last edited by HeyCori; 03-19-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    What is "background functionality"? Skype runs in the background on my L920.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    • Face-to-face video calls look better than ever with high definition video support.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    its your phone
    so why are you blaming skype or microsoft

Some features have been addressed, but Microsoft are being puzzlingly pedestrian about it. After spending 8.5 Billion on Skype you'd think they would put a bit more effort into making it the chat/voice app of choice in WP.
    Still need to have Skype built into the OS. The people hub is a nice start
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I had one of those nights where I don't know if the new Skype killed my battery or if my phone didn't sit just right on my wireless charger... hmm... I think it is a case of the latter and not the former...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzie11 View Post
    its your phone
    so why are you blaming skype or microsoft
    that's the realisation i came to during that last post, maybe it came across wrong.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast