Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just received update for the Engadget app and I must say, it looks stunning. Really clean interface to match website design, faster loading. Well done. I wonder if it was redone in html5

How is fast-resume? (Windows button -> Back button)

Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow (YAY!!)
    Future Phone:
    Previous Phones: Lumia 800, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Hero, Iphone 3GS
    Carrier: 3 Sweden

It's still all XAML, apart from the articles themselves which are plain ole' HTML & CSS, like they were previously (well, with slightly nicer CSS). Resuming looks like it works fine.

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    I wish Slashgear would update their app, I don't do Engadget.

If you fast resume it jumps back to the top of the page you're on... Silly...

Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow (YAY!!)
    Future Phone:
    Previous Phones: Lumia 800, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Hero, Iphone 3GS
    Carrier: 3 Sweden

Does anyone know how to get those videos in the app to play? When you click on the "Play" button on the bottom of the article, it'll direct you to the YouTube page, but no video. It works just fine if you launch the article into IE, though.

I also want to add that I remember them working for the most part with my Focus under windows phone 7.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sManowar View Post
    Does anyone know how to get those videos in the app to play? When you click on the "Play" button on the bottom of the article, it'll direct you to the YouTube page, but no video. It works just fine if you launch the article into IE, though.

I also want to add that I remember them working for the most part with my Focus under windows phone 7.
    I have noticed this even before they updated the app. You have to tap the image/article header which reloads the page as a pseudo html5 web version and at the botton the play button is replaced by an embedded media player. Tapping that video will normally launch the actual YT vid. Hope this helps.