King Weather Flow vs Amazing Weather HD?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Of course, I'm biased so I will say that Weather Flow is better.
b80efe23.gif

I am in LOVE with the RICH tiles, they just make my screen even livelier!
ebf69f50.gif

Weather-Flow-3.jpg

But I'd like to hear your opinion. Which of these amazing weather app is better? What does the lesser one need to do?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i also use Weather Flow and i absolutely LOVE it *_*
amazingly beautiful and accurate!

p.s: i also use rich tiles, they are sooo awsum *-*

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I have both weather flow and amazing weather HD, and I currently prefer weather flow over amazing weather. The lock screen pictures are nicer for weather flow in my opinion. The lock screen of amazing weather give me a picture of a distant cloud showering when it is cloudy.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
AWHD has better weather data (wunderground.com), has radar, "feels like" temps, very robust alerts for weather conditions in the area. They both have great looks, either Metro or "Real", but it was the better data and seemingly more attentive devs of AWHD that got my money. My personal opinion of course. Can't go wrong with either though.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I have both weather flow and amazing weather HD, and I currently prefer weather flow over amazing weather. The lock screen pictures are nicer for weather flow in my opinion. The lock screen of amazing weather give me a picture of a distant cloud showering when it is cloudy.

I'm using Bing wallpaper with AWHD 5 day forecast overlay and love it.

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Bing wallpaper with AWHD 5 day forecast overlay and love it.

Maybe I'm biased because I got weather flow first when it came out with the lockscreen settings :p. Going to change it to AWHD for a few days to see if I could be swayed over by the lockscreen pictures (I love weather pictures).

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I really like (and have) them both. Only plus for me in regards to Weather Flow is that it shows wind speed on the live tile (but not direction which I would like). I left a post in the Amazing Weather thread that it would be cool to add wind speed and direction on the live tile. By the same token, it would be cool if the developer of Weather Flow could add a wind speed arrow next to the wind speed (just replace the wind icon with the direction arrow and no space it lost). Both developers did a great job to make a great interface with good data.

I also like a couple of other weather apps but they did not have an ad-free versions. Not sure if developers get more money with the ad version versus the ad-free paid version, but I hate ads.

Since I have these both, I use their live tiles for different things for now - not sure if I will settle on one or the other later on - but if I had to choose between the two right now I really could not :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't fully understand your original question and reaction (now that I read it again). You asked if the "Bing" in AWHD have the option to update every 15mins or 30mins. How is that possible? Bing wallpapers update once a day. And if you were asking how frequent the AWHD updates the lockscreen with the weather conditions, then the quickest it can do that is on an hourly basis. But that has nothing to do with "Bing", so I'm kinda confused by your question and the "OMG" response.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used both and prefer AM. For me, Weather Flow needs to show the chance of rain % for each day on the five day forcast. I do not want to have to click into each day. I also like having a Feels Like temp.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Am using both right now, and they each have their own extra little advantages IMHO.

I love Weather Flow's back tile that displays if it's warmer, cooler, or 'about the same' as the previous day, along with advisory for if you should bring an umbrella or not - an easy "glance and go" weather monitor. I also love how the live tile displays the last time it was updated and the wind speed + chance of rain, as well as an icon that displays the kind of weather (i.e. partly cloudy), right on the front of the rich graphical medium tile. Edit: Forgot to mention how I like that Weather Flow's rich live tile displays the weather with "night" scenes and a dark sky when it is late, which is a nice bonus that isn't seen in Amazing Weather. Edit 2: After purchasing Amazing Weather, it now has night weather scenes in the live tile as well.

With Amazing Weather HD, I love all the different customization options for the live tiles, front and back. I also love that the hourly weather view actually shows hour by hour (rather than every 3 hours with Weather Flow) - there's a lot of detail for every hourly forecast, as well. The black metro theme for Amazing Weather looks really smooth and clean with good, detailed info (such as humidity) without being cluttered. You can even check radar/satellite and dig deeper for detailed textual weather descriptions for each day and an accompanying graph! I also really like the lockscreen images - they do seem to shuffle quite frequently though, wish I could slow it down. Oh yes, and Amazing Weather also has a "Feels Like" weather rating, which is good when factoring in wind chill and humidity - sometimes the difference between "Feels Like" and the actual temp is the difference between going out in pants or shorts for the day.

Out of both weather apps, Amazing Weather HD is *much* closer to the weather reported on my local news station (and also matches up fairly closely with Accuweather), whereas Weather Flow seems to generally be up to 5 degrees "off" at times... for my area, at least. Amazing Weather also loads MUCH faster. Hmm, reading all that I've just written, I think I'm going to have to buy Amazing Weather... I should have given it a more thorough comparison before I bought Weather Flow a couple months ago. Oh well.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I would of gone with Amazing Weather but two things bothered me: the live tiles on Weather Flow are much better and I can't use my own picture on the lock screen with AM. I can with weather flow.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
sorry to bring back an old thread to life, but this is my exact dilemma. Can you guys help me too. I read the Weather Flow doesnt refresh on the lock screen. Is it true? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually for me? Neither. Being a SkyWarn weather spotter for my county I would like a weather app that has all my needs in one app. Neither one of these have radar and all the bigger apps that have radar use a stylized, slow loading radar. My perfect weather app would have the NOAA radar with not only Reflectivity but also Velocity. Would also need at least 5 day forecast along with an hourly forecast. Chance of precipitation, wind speed and direction, heat index, wind chill, UV, and weather alerts are also a must.

As it is now I have the Nokia Weather Channel app which gives me the daily and hourly forecast along with wind speed and direction but the radar sucks. For that I have Weather Radar Tile. A no frills app that uses the basic reflectivity radar from NOAA. Loads fast and animates smoothly but no velocity radar. For that I have to go to NOAAs mobile site but the radar can't be zoomed or animated.

If any devs for weather apps are reading you would find a fairly large market for an app that storm chasers/spotters could use.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
sorry to bring back an old thread to life, but this is my exact dilemma. Can you guys help me too. I read the Weather Flow doesnt refresh on the lock screen. Is it true? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

I am actually extremely disappointed with Weather Flow. The developers never reply to emails and the live tiles do not update correctly. I have no clue why it gets the hype it does.

See my post and discussion here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/230655-weather-flow-live-tile-issue.html

It has now been uninstalled from my phone. Maybe, maybe if it gets updated to have more options, features, and an accurate live tile/lockscreen I will download it again.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am actually extremely disappointed with Weather Flow. The developers never reply to emails and the live tiles do not update correctly. I have no clue why it gets the hype it does.

See my post and discussion here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/230655-weather-flow-live-tile-issue.html

It has now been uninstalled from my phone. Maybe, maybe if it gets updated to have more options, features, and an accurate live tile/lockscreen I will download it again.
thanks. I am downloading Amazing Weather HD. It is cheaper and there are practically zero complaints about this app. So lets see. Thanks for your reply. It did help me make my decision.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I am downloading Amazing Weather HD. It is cheaper and there are practically zero complaints about this app. So lets see. Thanks for your reply. It did help me make my decision.

I hope it works well for you. If you read my other thread, I mentiond that I did like the picture of WF's live tile quite a bit. I think there is a trial for both, but since I own them I am not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb