ODB II app Dash in Windows Store

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that would be both cool and useful to have. Never thought something like this would be possible on a phone..

Does anyone know where to get a Bluetooth adapter for this?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for something like this. I use Torque on Android, and I was hoping a similar app would come along on WP. Jonathanrn, I'm waiting for your report!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
So what type of adapter do we need to be looking for and where can we get them? I've never used something like this before, but am curious and would like to try it out.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just took my car out and it worked. Its a little slow at updating, but I've actually only used it before to check and clear fault codes (using Torque with my old Samsung Captivate). This app is much simpler to use. Its obviously more basic. It doesn't have landscape orientation :-(

The adapter I have, I got off amazon for about $30. I'll post a link to it in a sec.

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I just took my car out and it worked. Its a little slow at updating, but I've actually only used it before to check and clear fault codes (using Torque with my old Samsung Captivate). This app is much simpler to use. Its obviously more basic. It doesn't have landscape orientation :-(

The adapter I have, I got off amazon for about $30. I'll post a link to it in a sec.

Not only read, but also reset fault codes? This just went from interesting to a must have if this app also have this ability.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hold on.. I don't have a check engine light to test it on. I don't know if it'll reset fault codes. You'll have to check with the developer.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've invited the developer to join the thread for some clarification on its features via a feedback email link from within the app. Hopefully we will hear from him/her soon.

Jonathan

Jonas B Karlsson

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email from Jonathan regarding this thread.
I?m one of the developers that made Dash.
If you have any questions regarding the app I?m here to answer them.

By the way, you found this app really quick. I think it went live less than 12h ago... :)

surffari

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
nice to have also this kind of software for windows phones! seems to be stable and so on. very easy but no adjustments.

with lumia 920 there's scales on both end, as the backround is basically a picture, also very non-adjustable, for example RPM to 10000, and diesel does only about 4000RPM... anyway, this info is also on dashboard. but perhaps variations diesel/bensin? and fuel consumption scale upto 50 l/100km with car that does less than 5 as average... some instuctions for calibration, gives wrong (but visual) results.

anyway, one major info is missing, catalysator temperature. that tells that burning of particle filter is ongoing or not. for the same screen also coolant temperature would be needed, as burning starts only after engine is hot =above 70C (no temp gauge on car). to get burning done properly, higher than normal RPM:s = one gear up and perhaps a little extra driving...

for diesels also engine timing advance... well, non-existent. however, recirculation of exhaust gases might be interesting. one can see if car is trying to heat motor or not (outdoor/indoor/engine temperature dependent) and this affects how fast car is slowing down with gear on. as does the charging voltage...

also voltage levels, as there's"smart charger" so mostly charges battery when slowing down with gear on. and at stop, how does it go with time when engine is not running. at winter car tries to keep battery full...

patkaa

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Crashes everytime when connected and trying to do anything.
Works offline.

Lumia 920&Vgate v1.5 Mini Small ELM327 OBD2 OBDII Bluetooth CAN Scanner

Update needed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss