Finally a great Facebook app

Pasta Prime

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well im going to try it. I dropped my damn phone today and just when I finally got fed up with it and was trying to trade it off. FML

I guess I better try and be like the rest of you and settle.

well 5 minutes with it and its already better than the MS one, the slide to exit is annoying though.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You guys are missing the best thing about this app. It doesn't scroll you back to the top after you navigate back to the home page. That's the only reason why I use this app. Makes my Lumia 820 really warm though.

Even my touch.facebook.com doesn't scroll me back to the top. Don't see why a third party dev should get my credentials for essentially a wrapper with no added notification advantages!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting stuff. I tried it and I don't like some of its behaviors. I hit the back button and I have a popup about a 7Dialer then some other popup about some other app.

The other thing its doing is the back button doesn't work consistently after leaving a Facebook comment.

3rd, it seems to stutter when trying to move through your timeline, refreshing repeatedly. Click something and attempt to go back it takes several tries and you may or may not end up on some ad. I think it is promising but it was rushed to market.

I'm not sure what the integration with Local Scout is about but I don't think I appreciate that it wants to join with it, not to mention it broke at Facebook login. Asks to send a report but you are logged in and it doesn't know that. That strikes me as a security risk when it can't figure out the point you are logged on to Facebook. With the other inconsistencies and random behaviors. I can't say I share the OP enthusiasm over this one. In my opinion, its not ready for Prime Time. Uninstalling.

solution2u

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Interesting stuff. I tried it and I don't like some of its behaviors. I hit the back button and I have a popup about a 7Dialer then some other popup about some other app.

The other thing its doing is the back button doesn't work consistently after leaving a Facebook comment.

3rd, it seems to stutter when trying to move through your timeline, refreshing repeatedly. Click something and attempt to go back it takes several tries and you may or may not end up on some ad. I think it is promising but it was rushed to market.

I'm not sure what the integration with Local Scout is about but I don't think I appreciate that it wants to join with it, not to mention it broke at Facebook login. Asks to send a report but you are logged in and it doesn't know that. That strikes me as a security risk when it can't figure out the point you are logged on to Facebook. With the other inconsistencies and random behaviors. I can't say I share the OP enthusiasm over this one. In my opinion, its not ready for Prime Time. Uninstalling.

Agree the ads is annoying. But the back seems work fine without any issue.

Even my touch.facebook.com doesn't scroll me back to the top. Don't see why a third party dev should get my credentials for essentially a wrapper with no added notification advantages!

Going back on touch.facebook.com not always work, sometime it will go back to top of the page. Also when you go back, the whole page need to reload again

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've to admit that I'm one of the guy who is annoyed of wannabe devs who put a wrapper around touch.facebook.com and try to sell it as their own app.

But, intrigued by this post, just tried this app. It has few genuine features over the mobile site. It's still a wrapper around the touch site but the features gives the app an edge, at least for me.

- The back button works. I don't know how many times I've been annoyed with the back button of the site.
- Photo mode is okay... works fairly well.
- Check-in integration works but the way it's done to integrate can be much better. I like the search feature to add friends who you want to tag with. The check-in feature of the official FB app lags heavily if your contact list is huge. But, hate that it asks me to calibrate my compass every time.
- Notifications are a no-go for me. Does not work. I understand that it will not work immediately but at least I expect notifications to show up after an hour. But notifications of FB were never a huge concern for me. I always want to look it up twice a day or something like that.
- The bottom menu to navigate to news feed, home, post and check-in is needed and found it already quite handy.

I've encountered few refresh issues here and there but otherwise looks okay. Using this as my primary FB app now. Will get to know whether it works day to day in another few days.

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

That's not entirely correct actually. Sometimes when you navigate back in touch.facebook.com it reloads the page and scrolls you back to the top. This app is mainly a wrapper to the mobile site but it has quite nice and subtle touches of it's own. Things like it's photo viewer, exit confirmation dialog, no-scroll-back-to-top etc.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why so many facebook apps in the marketplace. Makes confused.

Well, I suggest you in the following order: 1. Messaging (fb chatting through messaging), 2. Facebook (Microsoft), 3. Facebook JDB, 4. by IE pinning tiles to the start and/or to the favorites: "m.facebook.com" or "touch.facebook.com" ... and yes, you can have them all and then find out which you like the most (they do not eat your battery, when you do not use them) ... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett