Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree10Likes
  1. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #1  
    After trying out almost every Facebook app in the Windows Phone store I have finally found one that comes close to iOS and Android. Its name: The Facebook



    The biggest problem I have with Microsofts Facebook app and the Windows Phone Me hub is that the news feed isn't filtered, so you see all the stupid games people are playing and people who are blocked from your feed still show up. Also searching a person is very cumbersome.
    The problem I have with all those Facebook mobile site wrapper apps is that photos you click only show as a page and you can't advance to the next photo in that album and most of them have ads and show the like, comment and share buttons underneath each other instead of next to eachother.

    The Facebook solves all these issues! It even has an amazing photo enhancer plugin which shows photos fullscreen like on iOS or Android and let's you swipe through entire albums like you're supposed to.



    I'm happy with Facebook on Windows Phone again
    Thanked by:
    Aditya Phulwani likes this.
  2. #2  
    It is pretty much a clone of touch.facebook.com.
  3. #3  
    Is it touch.facebook.com with live tiles and notifications?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  4. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #4  
    It's more than just a clone. Here are some of the special functionalities:

    ✔ Full screen mode (show/hide bar buttons)
    ✔ Live tile shows Facebook notifications
    ✔ Lockscreen Facebook notifications (WP8 only)
    ✔ Menu button and home button
    ✔ Post status updates with photos
    ✔ Browse photos in full screen with pinch to zoom
    ✔ Swipe left/right to navigate through photos
    ✔ Enhanced posting screen
    ✔ Integrated back navigation
    ✔ Support for watching videos
    ✔ Launches external links on IE
    ✔ Horizontally aligned Like/Comment/Share buttons, ideal for larger space on screen (WP8 only)
    ✔ Customizable tiles for pin to start
  5. Jonas Jonsson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #5  
    It looks very nice, there's a lot of mixed reviews in the marketplace though. A lot of talk about ads popping up frequently, is this a real problem?

    I'm going to give this a try anyway.
    Thanked by:
  6. Chand Darling's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #6  
    Not working, When i try to post some thing on FB it shows error.

    Seems new updated version have lot of complaints, I have been using " Facebook pro " it is good.
  7. pogi920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #7  
    Try the social scout free,same features with additional checkin option..same developer..
  8. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Jonsson View Post
    It looks very nice, there's a lot of mixed reviews in the marketplace though. A lot of talk about ads popping up frequently, is this a real problem?

    I'm going to give this a try anyway.
    I haven't seen any ads yet in the app, but I will keep an eye out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chand Darling View Post
    Not working, When i try to post some thing on FB it shows error.

    Seems new updated version have lot of complaints, I have been using " Facebook pro " it is good.
    That's weird. I have had no crash and posting a status update or a comment or a like hasn't caused me any trouble yet. But I've only been using it for 2 days now.
  9. Chand Darling's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #9  
    Have you updated to new version? it seems issue on new version though!
  10. #10  
    Can't check in - forces to buy Social Scout. Cant do anything with pages or groups.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    It's more than just a clone. Here are some of the special functionalities:

    ✔ Full screen mode (show/hide bar buttons)
    ✔ Live tile shows Facebook notifications
    ✔ Lockscreen Facebook notifications (WP8 only)
    ✔ Menu button and home button
    ✔ Post status updates with photos
    ✔ Browse photos in full screen with pinch to zoom
    ✔ Swipe left/right to navigate through photos
    ✔ Enhanced posting screen
    ✔ Integrated back navigation
    ✔ Support for watching videos
    ✔ Launches external links on IE
    ✔ Horizontally aligned Like/Comment/Share buttons, ideal for larger space on screen (WP8 only)
    ✔ Customizable tiles for pin to start
    I meant the UI.
  12. #12  
    I cannot find this app in the market yet. :(
  13. phatboy66's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #13  
    It's not a bad app but it doesnt have a ''Metro'' feel like the official Facebook app. My problem with the official one is that I don't see enough content and it takes forever to receive notifications.
  14. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    322 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by phatboy66 View Post
    It's not a bad app but it doesnt have a ''Metro'' feel like the official Facebook app. My problem with the official one is that I don't see enough content and it takes forever to receive notifications.
    this... And also my biggest peeve is that you can't attach pictures or voice recordings or ANYTHING in the messaging -_- wtf. Kills the experience.
  15. #15  
    I love this app! Works great and is even better with pictures than the touch.facebook.com! Thanks to the OP!
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Jastow likes this.
  16. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #16  
    I tried it for a few days. It's a wrapper around the mobile site of Facebook. Must have taken all of 30 minutes to make this app.
    Thanked by:
  17. Tomanband's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #17  
    do the notifications include message notifications? And can you also answer the messages through this app?
  18. bozza72's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    568 Posts
    #18  
    Annoying how it makes you use another app to check in
  19. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomanband View Post
    do the notifications include message notifications? And can you also answer the messages through this app?
    Notifications aren't for messages I'm afraid.
  20. unreal_rik's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #20  
    You guys are missing the best thing about this app. It doesn't scroll you back to the top after you navigate back to the home page. That's the only reason why I use this app. Makes my Lumia 820 really warm though.
  21. Pasta Prime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #21  
    Well im going to try it. I dropped my damn phone today and just when I finally got fed up with it and was trying to trade it off. FML

    I guess I better try and be like the rest of you and settle.

    well 5 minutes with it and its already better than the MS one, the slide to exit is annoying though.
  22. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by unreal_rik View Post
    You guys are missing the best thing about this app. It doesn't scroll you back to the top after you navigate back to the home page. That's the only reason why I use this app. Makes my Lumia 820 really warm though.
    Even my touch.facebook.com doesn't scroll me back to the top. Don't see why a third party dev should get my credentials for essentially a wrapper with no added notification advantages!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    realwarder likes this.
  23. Pasta Prime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #23  
    How in the F do you go back more than couple pages without the app trying to close?
  24. Jazmac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,015 Posts
    #24  
    Interesting stuff. I tried it and I don't like some of its behaviors. I hit the back button and I have a popup about a 7Dialer then some other popup about some other app.

    The other thing its doing is the back button doesn't work consistently after leaving a Facebook comment.

    3rd, it seems to stutter when trying to move through your timeline, refreshing repeatedly. Click something and attempt to go back it takes several tries and you may or may not end up on some ad. I think it is promising but it was rushed to market.

    I'm not sure what the integration with Local Scout is about but I don't think I appreciate that it wants to join with it, not to mention it broke at Facebook login. Asks to send a report but you are logged in and it doesn't know that. That strikes me as a security risk when it can't figure out the point you are logged on to Facebook. With the other inconsistencies and random behaviors. I can't say I share the OP enthusiasm over this one. In my opinion, its not ready for Prime Time. Uninstalling.
    Thanked by:
  25. solution2u's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    I tried it for a few days. It's a wrapper around the mobile site of Facebook. Must have taken all of 30 minutes to make this app.
    If you can make a similar app with all the features within 30 minutes, then I believe what you said.

    Appreciate the developer work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mine for Facebook -The first dare I say...great Facebook app for Windows 8
    By DougB541#CB in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
  2. Develop a great Facebook app, and you will rich
    By baseballbert in forum Developers Corner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM
  3. 5 Great Entertainment Apps For Windows Phone 7 Smartphone
    By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions