Google Reader replacement?

TopTomy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Well, since Google has announced that they're shutting down the Google Reader service,
I'm looking for another online-based RSS reader.
Something that can be used on desktop, android etc. etc... and has a WP app.
There's Feedly, but there's no WP app.

Is there anything like that?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I think newsblur and Feed Me is the only one so far but I don't think that works right now because newsblur has changed something in their API :(

TopTomy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I think newsblur and Feed Me is the only one so far but I don't think that works right now because newsblur has changed something in their API :(

thanks!
if anyone knows another service that can do the job please let me know.
btw, so no point of trying newsblur? is it online based?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks!if anyone knows another service that can do the job please let me know.btw, so no point of trying newsblur? is it online based?
It is online based but it only has one client for WP (I think) and that is Feed Me which I think doesn't work anymore because newsblur changed their API :(

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Feedly currently uses Google, but they have their own aggregator back-end that's a clone of Google's. They are promising a seamless transition from Google's to their own, and making their API available to others. It's likely that Nextgen Reader (who is currently using Google's back-end) will switch to Feedly or Digg (if they get theirs out on time). I'm currently using Feedly on all my other devices and computers and it works really well. I use Nextgen on my 920, but if they don't switch, then it's only a matter of time before someone else releases a front end for it (hopefully Feedly will!)

MsbS

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Just checked out feedly - WOW! It imported not only my GReader subscriptions, but even the starred items! Meesa like it!

Now, they need to get a WP7 app, and we have a winner.

MsbS

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I suppose that with a Win 8 app available, there might be a chance for a third-party Win 7 app using the same API.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo