Photoplay photo sharing app- beautiful design

refuzzer

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
PLenjoy, we appreciate translation contributors! Please contact me via email ("Support" link on Photoplay.net website) to get more info on translation process.
We are working on French, Ukrainian and going to start working on Spanish translation soon.

Igor Escodro

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Refuzzer,

If you're interested in Brazilian Portuguese translation, you can count on me!

By the way, I'm having a lot of problems with Facebook integration. On first try when Facebook asked me about permission, the "Ok" button did not work.
Now when I log on FB, the Permission Screen does not work. It only shows a blue line.

I tried the same integration with similar apps (like Camera360, Fhotoroom) and worked.

Could you please help me?

Thanks and congratulations for the great app, really loved it!

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
cuzincurly, the Android tablets issue is going to be fixed today, as we're rolling out an update. Some tablets are lacking autofocus and flashlight, which were strictly required to run the app before. What is your Android phone model? If it has Android 2.3 , it should be compatible.

I'm using a tab running on android ice cream sandwich 4.0.4. Also on my back up phone which runs on gingerbread.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
The first moment I saw the screenshots I fell in love with the app. Having said that, I wish I could use it but I'm stuck with WP7 at the moment. Hopefully the app will be compatible soon :)

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi refuzzer,

Is there a way to introduce a filter in the "news" section? I'd like to only be able to see "likes" and "comments" and not see who my followers start following. Other than this, great app. Looking forward to future updates.

Thanks.

P.S. : Follow me (nick : naeemchudawala) for some quality photographs.

Last edited:

refuzzer

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Igor Escodro, we have a workaround on this problem. Fix is on the go, with 1.0.1 version being under certification right now.
We are interested in Brazilian Portuguese translation. Please contact me via email for more details.

cuzincurly, we have released an update for Android devices, bringing support for 800 more devices (mainly tablets) and fixing bugs. Give it a try and write me back if it is still incompatible.

astroXP, thank you! Porting the app to WP7 is in progress. Stay tuned.

naeem151287, that is one of the most requested features. We're working on it. It is planned to bring it with next major release.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Igor Escodro, we have a workaround on this problem. Fix is on the go, with 1.0.1 version being under certification right now.
We are interested in Brazilian Portuguese translation. Please contact me via email for more details.

cuzincurly, we have released an update for Android devices, bringing support for 800 more devices (mainly tablets) and fixing bugs. Give it a try and write me back if it is still incompatible.

astroXP, thank you! Porting the app to WP7 is in progress. Stay tuned.

naeem151287, that is one of the most requested features. We're working on it. It is planned to bring it with next major release.

Thanks! was finally able to download it on my tab :D

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Photoplay is excellent. The UI really is beautiful and I am seriously obsessed.

refuzzer, could you give users the option of editing their tags and photo description after posting? And maybe the ability to tag other folks in photo descriptions or in comments?

ETA: This app seems to drain the heck out of my battery. I usually get two and a half days to a charge, but not if I'm using this for more than fifteen minutes! (Four hours after full charge and it has already dropped to 62%) Still going to keep using it though, just noting.

Last edited:

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed some excessive battery drain as well. Turning off location usage seems to have helped. I think it was hitting the GPS a little too often (I've always been suspicious of the GPS and the amount of battery drain it causes, though I don't have any proof).

Added: I've been enjoying the app as well. Very nice looking app.

Last edited:

joelsilva

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
PLenjoy, we appreciate translation contributors! Please contact me via email ("Support" link on Photoplay.net website) to get more info on translation process.
We are working on French, Ukrainian and going to start working on Spanish translation soon.

please bring photoplay to wp7! :)

Follow me, i'm a portuguese guy who loves apps like photoplay and instagram :grincry:
Nickname - Joelsilva

joelsilva

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
i have photoplay on my iPad, and i downloaded to my windows phone and logged in on my WP,on my ipad i have so many photos, followers, etc and on my windows phone i have no followers, no photos, no followings, in the same account of my ipad, can you help me?

joelsilva

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
i have photoplay on my iPad, and i downloaded to my windows phone and logged in on my WP,on my ipad i have so many photos, followers, etc and on my windows phone i have no followers, no photos, no followings, in the same account of my ipad, can you help me?

Problem solved! Logged in with my facebook account. :)
Now i'm waiting for wp7.x version, because i love my Lumia 800 more than my Lumia 620 and the camera on L800 is really better.
And it needs a site so see our profile.
Follow me - joelsilva

refuzzer

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
joelsilva, as I told before, porting the app to WP7 is in progress.

krystea, thank you! Option of editing tags and photo description is planned. Ability to tag other folks isn't planned yet.

For us it seems that Photoplay's battery consumption is not more than IE10's. We'll test battery consumption once again. We could miss something.

Photoplay 1.0.1 is available today. It contains bunch of fixes and should fix the Facebook connectivity issue as well. Check out your Windows Phone Marketplace.

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just updated the new version and thinking that something still need to be improved:
- loading time (of each photo) is too slow: I'm on wifi and it takes me a few seconds to load a photo and I dont want to wait like that.
- the top banner / navigation bar is too big and it take too muck space, now it has "Photoplay" icon on the fist row, then "Feed / News" on the second rows. Why don't you merge them to one row only. Just need to place the photoplay icon on the left, then the navigation bar on the right.
- change the way to display all photo on feed instead of vertically. I have scroll to much to view all of them. now each page of screen can display 1 photo only. (see the screenshot)
wp_ss_20130409_0003.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb