Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Personally, I love it, and owning iOS and Android devices that have Pandora installed, it has the best interface of all of them. Here is a place to post what YOU think of the app, and also limitations/bugs/suggestions for future updates. Ad-free is also amazing, and that is primarily why I use it over my iOS and Android devices.

Note: When people think Ad-free, they think UNLIMITED SKIPS. This is NOT the case. There are NO ads BETWEEN the songs, but there are certain limitations as to how many skips that you can use within the hour.

For me, it has replaced Nokia Music. I would love an offline mode...but so far I think the app has a polish on it that is very pleasant to use for a launch.

I never used Pandora a lot until this point...I was mostly using last.fm, but it has issues. Spotify app is not for free users so hopefully this will help motivate them to add that functionality as well.
    I m just sad how long we need to wait for Pandora to release on europe :(

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    I am pleased. It is easier to use than XBM smart DJ. I use to love SDJ on my 7.5 WP but I can never get it to work on my 8x. So looks like Pandora has replaced it.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Loving it so far. I had stations previously and I have missed it! Pandora always plays music I like, smart DJ not so much.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I had never used it before the WP8 version came out. I love it so far. Works great. Sounds great. Plays music in the genres I am interested in without issue, even introducing me to songs and artists I hadn't heard before. It's like listening to satellite radio without the adds.

I tried it, and it imposed skip limits one me (I'm a Pandora One customer.) So I went back to Graffiti Radio, which does not impose skip limits. Since both Graffiti and Metro Radio work fine, I don't see the Pandora introduction being as big a deal as people are making it out to be. The lack of ads is a big plus for users of the free version of Pandora, but that wasn't an issue for me.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Like it alot had it on my Palm Pre and just updated to a Lumia 822 this week

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Welcome former webOS user. Just came from a Pre 2 about a month ago.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Will like it better when they fix the BT auto-play bug....

Josh | PandoraMAR 26, 2013 | 04:42PM PDT
    Hello:

Thanks for writing. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Microsoft is aware of this issue and they are working on it. Thanks for listening. Best Regards,

Josh M

Listener Advocate
    PANDORA internet radio
    Need help? http://help.pandora.com
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Was my reply helpful?

WP8 Pandora App Bug
    MAR 26, 2013 | 12:50PM PDT
    Original message

When listening to Pandora via bluetooth headphones on my Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8, paused music starts playing aloud from the phone speakers when disconnecting from the BT headset. This does not happen with the stock music app or the Nokia music app, so I suspect this is a bug with the newly released app. Please look into this and resolve as soon as possible.
    I think it looks great, but two problems ruin it for me:

1. No offline--I don't stream music. I use my phone for my music most when I'm not in WiFi (such as driving, walking to class, or sitting in on my brothers' karate classes). Without offline use, the app does nothing for me. I'm on a 300MB data plan, so I can't stream on HSPA+ all day (especially since it kills the battery to have it on).
    2. It's not Last.FM--I like having my plays recorded to my Last.FM profile. I can't do that with Nokia Music, but I CAN do that with my personal library (Which makes up probably 95% of my music listening). Without that ability to report to Last.FM, it's another big feature I lose going to Pandora.

I'll say that I love the ability to rate tracks, something I like with Last.FM. Nokia Music needs that, no question. It's the #1 problem for me with the service, as playlists seem to be made up more of tracks I hate than ones I like. Pandora's a great app, in terms of design and function, but it just doesn't do what I want.

It's much better than I expected, but sometimes it just closes for no reason
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    I'm enjoying Pandora much more than I thought I would. The playlists are really good. With Pandora and the recent improvements to Xbox Music I am really enjoying my music. If they can just make Xbox Music playlists on Windows Phone editable and better synched it would be perfect.

I used to use Pandora lots, but when I switched to Windows Phone, I obviously couldn't use it. I LOVE IT as well. It sounds like many people like it so far.....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I'm enjoying it. So far it seems to be more reliable than Slacker plus the sound seems to be a bit better.
    Banned

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I love the only problem I'm having is with my pioneer AVIC Z-140BH it has a Pandora app built into the radio.
    the app connects via Bluetooth with ios/droid but with my 920 it won't connect.
    the only way it will connect it to go to Bluetooth audio it will play that way.
    but through the app on the radio it will not connect.
    I was using slacker radio but to many adds love Pandora app on Phone great app.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I LOVE IT, plus with the 1308 update - my volume seems much louder also. Could be me but volume was noticeable after update

Quote Originally Posted by Madeye234 View Post
    I LOVE IT, plus with the 1308 update - my volume seems much louder also. Could be me but volume was noticeable after update
    It seems like that to me as well!

Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts
    It's ok, I guess. I still use XBM and Slacker more.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Been using it a ton. Had MetroRadio (and RadioControl) but it was never the same. As much as I love Slacker and TuneIn, Pandora has always been my go to. I love the new app.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
    It's much better than I expected, but sometimes it just closes for no reason
    I thought the same thing. Its actually just having trouble refreshing to the next song. If you wake the phone and unlock the screen it will start playing. However, if you wait too long, then yes, it will close. Its a pain, but I still love the app.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I used Pandora a lot before I switched to the L920. Pandora was one of my favorite apps. However, since it was not available, I used MetroRadio. I now find myself using MetroRadio much more than Pandora. And, it is mainly because Pandora has a limited number of times that you can skip, while MetroRadio doesn't.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I like it, I enjoy it more than I enjoyed Pandora on Android (smoother experience)

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    I use Graffi Radio which has no ads, unlimited skips and lyrics. But I also like Metro Radio that has unlimited skips too.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    i like it but after using it for a week not so much. there needs to be a way to close it. it keeps turning itself on and streaming when connecting and disconnecting to BT.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast