- 03-27-2013, 10:48 AM #1
Personally, I love it, and owning iOS and Android devices that have Pandora installed, it has the best interface of all of them. Here is a place to post what YOU think of the app, and also limitations/bugs/suggestions for future updates. Ad-free is also amazing, and that is primarily why I use it over my iOS and Android devices.
Note: When people think Ad-free, they think UNLIMITED SKIPS. This is NOT the case. There are NO ads BETWEEN the songs, but there are certain limitations as to how many skips that you can use within the hour.
03-27-2013, 11:40 AM #2
- 18 Posts
For me, it has replaced Nokia Music. I would love an offline mode...but so far I think the app has a polish on it that is very pleasant to use for a launch.
I never used Pandora a lot until this point...I was mostly using last.fm, but it has issues. Spotify app is not for free users so hopefully this will help motivate them to add that functionality as well.
- 03-27-2013, 12:15 PM #6
I had never used it before the WP8 version came out. I love it so far. Works great. Sounds great. Plays music in the genres I am interested in without issue, even introducing me to songs and artists I hadn't heard before. It's like listening to satellite radio without the adds.
03-27-2013, 12:19 PM #7
- 53 Posts
I tried it, and it imposed skip limits one me (I'm a Pandora One customer.) So I went back to Graffiti Radio, which does not impose skip limits. Since both Graffiti and Metro Radio work fine, I don't see the Pandora introduction being as big a deal as people are making it out to be. The lack of ads is a big plus for users of the free version of Pandora, but that wasn't an issue for me.
- 03-27-2013, 01:44 PM #10
Will like it better when they fix the BT auto-play bug....
Josh | PandoraMAR 26, 2013 | 04:42PM PDT
Thanks for writing. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Microsoft is aware of this issue and they are working on it. Thanks for listening. Best Regards,
PANDORA® internet radio
Need help? http://help.pandora.com
Was my reply helpful?
WP8 Pandora App Bug
MAR 26, 2013 | 12:50PM PDT
When listening to Pandora via bluetooth headphones on my Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8, paused music starts playing aloud from the phone speakers when disconnecting from the BT headset. This does not happen with the stock music app or the Nokia music app, so I suspect this is a bug with the newly released app. Please look into this and resolve as soon as possible.
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM #11
- 3,141 Posts
I think it looks great, but two problems ruin it for me:
1. No offline--I don't stream music. I use my phone for my music most when I'm not in WiFi (such as driving, walking to class, or sitting in on my brothers' karate classes). Without offline use, the app does nothing for me. I'm on a 300MB data plan, so I can't stream on HSPA+ all day (especially since it kills the battery to have it on).
2. It's not Last.FM--I like having my plays recorded to my Last.FM profile. I can't do that with Nokia Music, but I CAN do that with my personal library (Which makes up probably 95% of my music listening). Without that ability to report to Last.FM, it's another big feature I lose going to Pandora.
I'll say that I love the ability to rate tracks, something I like with Last.FM. Nokia Music needs that, no question. It's the #1 problem for me with the service, as playlists seem to be made up more of tracks I hate than ones I like. Pandora's a great app, in terms of design and function, but it just doesn't do what I want.
- 03-27-2013, 10:33 PM #13
I'm enjoying Pandora much more than I thought I would. The playlists are really good. With Pandora and the recent improvements to Xbox Music I am really enjoying my music. If they can just make Xbox Music playlists on Windows Phone editable and better synched it would be perfect.
- 04-01-2013, 03:49 AM #16
I love the only problem I'm having is with my pioneer AVIC Z-140BH it has a Pandora app built into the radio.
the app connects via Bluetooth with ios/droid but with my 920 it won't connect.
the only way it will connect it to go to Bluetooth audio it will play that way.
but through the app on the radio it will not connect.
I was using slacker radio but to many adds love Pandora app on Phone great app.
- 04-01-2013, 11:38 PM #21
- 04-02-2013, 12:04 AM #22
I used Pandora a lot before I switched to the L920. Pandora was one of my favorite apps. However, since it was not available, I used MetroRadio. I now find myself using MetroRadio much more than Pandora. And, it is mainly because Pandora has a limited number of times that you can skip, while MetroRadio doesn't.
- By Snoops8 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 52Last Post: 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM
- By CoopII in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 50Last Post: 12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
- By Arun3 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2012, 09:03 AM
- By TricBox in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:19 AM
- By ctt1wbw in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM