Problem with Chronos Calendar

Christopheresque

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
The problem I'm having is most likely a user problem, and not a problem with the app (since the app itself is incredible).

My issue is that I am syncing with Windows built-in calendar as well as with Hotmail and Google. Several events show up as "Private." When in the app, if I tap the private events, under details it says "Not accessible due to restrictions in the operating system."

When I went into my Hotmail calendar, I noticed that the private events corresponded to a Birthday calendar that was active (i.e. I have two friends with birthdays today, so there are two private events). I deleted the birthday calendar, thinking that would also delete the private events in Chronos Calendar, but that didn't work. Any advice?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
There is a option for special days, make sure those are turned off. Also make sure you go into calendars and select the ones you want to show.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem I'm having is most likely a user problem, and not a problem with the app (since the app itself is incredible).

My issue is that I am syncing with Windows built-in calendar as well as with Hotmail and Google. Several events show up as "Private." When in the app, if I tap the private events, under details it says "Not accessible due to restrictions in the operating system."

When I went into my Hotmail calendar, I noticed that the private events corresponded to a Birthday calendar that was active (i.e. I have two friends with birthdays today, so there are two private events). I deleted the birthday calendar, thinking that would also delete the private events in Chronos Calendar, but that didn't work. Any advice?

I had the same problem. Today's update fixed it apparently.

nhow

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I really like the calendar. It actually syncs my outlook.com calendar when the inbuilt calendar (Nokia Lumia 610) doesn't. I'd like to switch to it completely. However there's one very big problem. It doesn't sync anything past a few weeks. This makes it unuseable for me. I've tried to figure out if this is just something I'm doing wrong or a major glitch. If anyone knows how to solve this I'd be very grateful.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I really like the calendar. It actually syncs my outlook.com calendar when the inbuilt calendar (Nokia Lumia 610) doesn't. I'd like to switch to it completely. However there's one very big problem. It doesn't sync anything past a few weeks. This makes it unuseable for me. I've tried to figure out if this is just something I'm doing wrong or a major glitch. If anyone knows how to solve this I'd be very grateful.

You can sync up to 365 days. When you go to settings>windows phone calendar, right underneath sync on start, there is a period sync that shows 365-180-90-30. those are how long of a period you can sync your calendar. hope this helps.

nhow

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
You can sync up to 365 days. When you go to settings>windows phone calendar, right underneath sync on start, there is a period sync that shows 365-180-90-30. those are how long of a period you can sync your calendar. hope this helps.
It never fails...about two nano seconds before you posted your reply I figured it all out. I'd never noticed the settings categories before. Many thanks for taking the trouble to explain.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I discovered all the settings I've really jazzed mine up! And ditched the horrid, non-functional resident calendar. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

That's exactly what I've done. I hated the original calendar. Bland and dull. Glad I got this when it was free.

vesakoko

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an interesting feature which seems to link to Chronos Calendar (latest version, started after the update):

Using Lumia 920 and Chronos Calendar, I sometimes like to be uninterupted so I switch to airplane mode. When I have:
a) chronos calendar as a live tile
b) airplane mode on
c) set up an alarm for the following morning

... what happens is that the whole phone crashes some time during the night and the crash is so severe, I have to reset it (pressing the volume down and power btns for a while).

Problem ended when I removed the live tile.

Haven't had time or enthusiasm to debug any further. It's a really good piece of software this Chronos, but I cannot miss another work day because of this ;)
I have never been able to crash my phone using Chronos in normal setting, but with all the radios off, it or the phone itself seems to act quite strangely.

nhow

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 610 and always set my phone to airplane mode over night to save the battery. I've never had a crash since having Chronos installed but I don't use my phone alarm. Why do you think it's Chronos that's causing the crash? Could it be something in the Windows software (since the upgrade) or other app?

vesakoko

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply.. I was quite amazed about this bug too, but I singled it out by missing quite a few morining alarms ;) and by use of common deduction. I asked my self, what I've installed/updated before it stoped working?

This problem may have something to do with the way Chronos is linked to sync from outlook (exchange) and that being offline... dunno.

But what I do know and without a doubt is that since removing the chronos live tile (this and only this change), tilting ended.

Last edited:

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Found a Chronos bug today when I woke up ten minutes before my alarm was set to go off. So I turned the alarm off while the phone was in the charging stand. But the alarm went off anyway, only at the phone's maximum volume (Lumia 920 set to volume level 10). Hope the speakers aren't damaged. Probably not. Still love the calendar although it is missing some Norwegian special days like our midsummer celebration.

EDIT: This was before today's update which may or may not address this.

Last edited:

chrisb7

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
When I try to synch my Chronos Calendar with my Hotmail Calendar, Chronos replies
"Sync disabled!
Nothing to fetch"

Any ideas - my WP8 native cal;endar does synch.

stewpeanut

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently went from a Win 7.8 device to Win 8 and on the new device chronos now displays all google items as private and shows no info for them. I synched my old phone as a test and the google entries display just fine there. Double checked all fetch settings are the same and my stock W8 calendar has the correct google entry info as well. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99