Hipstamatic can export to Instagram

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
As many of your may realized by now, there are many third-party apps in the Windows Phone Store that can view, but not post images to the Instagram (ie. WPGram).

The reason for this is that Burbn, Inc. (Instagram's parent company) restricts Instagram API so third party apps can view, but not post images to the service.

Hipstamatic is not bounded by this restriction and can export to Instagram because Hipstamatic's parent company (Synthetic Corporation) has a special agreement with Burbn, Inc.

Currently, Hipstamatic is exclusive to iOS and is NOT available on Windows Phone, but Synthetic is very much in financial trouble so I doubt it would mind having a lot of Windows Phone users using its service.

All we need to do is convince Synthetic to make Hipstamatic for Windows Phone.

If we can't get Instagram on Windows Phone, we can try to get the next best alternative.

Hipstamatic, LLC Web Site: http://hipstamatic.com/

Hipstamatic Support: http://hipstamatic.com/support.html

Hipstamatic at Apple's App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/hipstamatic/id342115564?at=10l3Vy

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, you might consider that their financial situation means they won't spend the money or manpower on developing an app for a maturing platform. Maybe they could make it a paid app and bring it as the only posting-capable Instagram client, but if Instagram comes shortly after, it will be a colossal waste of resources.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, you might consider that their financial situation means they won't spend the money or manpower on developing an app for a maturing platform. Maybe they could make it a paid app and bring it as the only posting-capable Instagram client, but if Instagram comes shortly after, it will be a colossal waste of resources.

Hipstamatic is $1.99 on the App Store.

Also, Hipstamatic has filters for images like Instagram does (maybe a little bit different)

We don't know if Instagram will ever come to Windows Phone: I don't know how many time I've heard "It's coming soon!".

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading that as Hispanic.

but if their a small enough company, they may like the extra income from desperate windows phone users!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The company had 11 employees before it lay-off 5 employees last year.

Exactly! Problem is, yes this will help those of us who would like instagram on our windows phone, but I doubt it is enough for somebody who is thinking about getting a windows phone but decides not to because there is no official instagram app.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! Problem is, yes this will help those of us who would like instagram on our windows phone, but I doubt it is enough for somebody who is thinking about getting a windows phone but decides not to because there is no official instagram app.

You have to also think of all the people who already bought Windows Phones but returned them, because Windows Phones lack Instagram.

Also, there are those on the media world that keep declare that Windows Phone lack apps because there's no Instagram.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
srsly, what pplz see in Instagram? WP just got an awesome potential competitor - Photoplay! I'm using it and it's rly good, will get even better within next updates! But you know the best part about Photoplay? the COMMUNITY! Pplz post great pictures of various themes...it's rly a joy to see my news feed! While Instagram has this hipster community making it infamous among non-users...it is not a bad app and has some great works too but the hipsters are ruining it lol and that's why i don't see why everyone is so crazy about it - except for the hipsters .-.

Hopefully this plague won't come to Photoplay D:

macky360

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you called it!

As many of your may realized by now, there are many third-party apps in the Windows Phone Store that can view, but not post images to the Instagram (ie. WPGram).

The reason for this is that Burbn, Inc. (Instagram's parent company) restricts Instagram API so third party apps can view, but not post images to the service.

Hipstamatic is not bounded by this restriction and can export to Instagram because Hipstamatic's parent company (Synthetic Corporation) has a special agreement with Burbn, Inc.

Currently, Hipstamatic is exclusive to iOS and is NOT available on Windows Phone, but Synthetic is very much in financial trouble so I doubt it would mind having a lot of Windows Phone users using its service.

All we need to do is convince Synthetic to make Hipstamatic for Windows Phone.

If we can't get Instagram on Windows Phone, we can try to get the next best alternative.

Hipstamatic, LLC Web Site: Hipstamatic - Welcome To Hipstamatic

Hipstamatic Support: http://hipstamatic.com/support.html

Hipstamatic at Apple's App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/hipstamatic/id342115564?at=10l3Vy

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I was an iOS user for quite a while & Hipstamatic sorta has left a bad taste in user's mouths over the years. They price gouge with charging all of these fees on top of an already expensive app (for lenses & such). Now looks like they're moving to subscriptions. Great.

They make decent stuff but I honestly don't see them lasting too much longer. Plus, one of the main reasons I would never use their app too much was because they forced you to use their camera, so you couldn't just import a shot you'd already taken w your regular camera app. That wouldn't be a big deal except that their app wouldn't save a "filter free" version of the photo. So I be damned if I'm gonna have all my shots with gross filters on them with no way to get an unedited version to keep in my collection. This new app seems to have the same philosophy regarding this stuff. Blah.

I mean, its good that its coming to WP, and that its gonna be an "official" way to post to Instagram, but still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte