Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

This morning I noticed my WPCentral live tile didn't update. I looked in Background Tasks and the app was mysteriously blocked from running in the background last night. Huh? This has never happened before. In the app update information it said something about a network error. All the other apps I allow to run in the background updated just fine last night and weren't mysteriously blocked. It was just the WPCentral app. Don't know if it's an issue with the app, or if perhaps it has something to do with the latest firmware update for the Nokia Lumia 920. I haven't experienced any of the connectivity issues that other people have been reporting though. My phone has been working just fine. Weird. Hopefully, this was just a one-time glitch. Anyone else experience this?
    Developer

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    The OS blocks apps that you don't open at least once in a 2 week period, I doubt that is your case here, the other reason the OS blocks an app is if its background agent crashes too many times.
    Apps:
    Weather Smiles - Weather Live tile with 2 locations 1 tile and a smilie :)
    My 500px / My 500px Free - 500px website viewer plus upload, account access and lockscreen wallpaper

It's happened to me a few times with this app the latest being today.

Happens to be yesterday. I simply opened wpcentral app, looked qt the settings all seemed normal. Looked back at the process and it wasn't blocked any more. Weird

Quote Originally Posted by moc426 View Post
    The OS blocks apps that you don't open at least once in a 2 week period, I doubt that is your case here, the other reason the OS blocks an app is if its background agent crashes too many times.
    I open WPCentral several times a day, every day, so it can't be the first scenario you mentioned. Must be the latter. I guess the background agent must have crashed last night. I also noticed I had more battery drain than usual last night. This must have been the culprit. We'll see if it happens again tonight. This is the first issue I've ever had with that app. It has always worked flawlessly for me.

Same scenario for me, except the app which was mysteriously blocked was NextGen Reader.

The past two nights my WPCentral app was mysteriously blocked again. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was the same Network Error message. Hmm, maybe it's a bug with the app. If it was my phone, you'd think my other live tiles would have been affected also.

Global Posts
    32,916 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    The past two nights my WPCentral app was mysteriously blocked again. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was the same Network Error message. Hmm, maybe it's a bug with the app. If it was my phone, you'd think my other live tiles would have been affected also.
    I got network error today, but it was the ESPN app.