- 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM #1
This morning I noticed my WPCentral live tile didn't update. I looked in Background Tasks and the app was mysteriously blocked from running in the background last night. Huh? This has never happened before. In the app update information it said something about a network error. All the other apps I allow to run in the background updated just fine last night and weren't mysteriously blocked. It was just the WPCentral app. Don't know if it's an issue with the app, or if perhaps it has something to do with the latest firmware update for the Nokia Lumia 920. I haven't experienced any of the connectivity issues that other people have been reporting though. My phone has been working just fine. Weird. Hopefully, this was just a one-time glitch. Anyone else experience this?
- 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM #2
The OS blocks apps that you don't open at least once in a 2 week period, I doubt that is your case here, the other reason the OS blocks an app is if its background agent crashes too many times.
- 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM #5
- 04-13-2013, 03:16 PM #7
The past two nights my WPCentral app was mysteriously blocked again. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was the same Network Error message. Hmm, maybe it's a bug with the app. If it was my phone, you'd think my other live tiles would have been affected also.
- By emptyy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 01-22-2016, 02:51 AM
- By sleewok in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 17Last Post: 11-20-2013, 12:20 PM
- By PramodhN in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 02-22-2013, 08:48 AM
- By nzrocketman in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
- By rockstarzzz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 06-10-2012, 04:45 PM