Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook beta updated

Do more people have blurry thumbnails in the people hub, especially in groups you notice this. You have to open every individual contact to load the high resolution thumbnail.

Yeah, I just posted about that in the general FB thread. Same thing, have to open every contact... Never had it before.

vinayscxbox

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

The app is really a major redesign. It would be nice if you posted something through this app and it showed * via Cortana *...

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Big letdown this app. I hoped the big update would finally show a proper news feed. But it still doesn't show all the posts compared to the news feed on the website. How many more years must we wait for them to fix this crucial issue?

Also, when connected to the phone, it only downloads tiny thumbnails, and wherever you see the big thumbnails, like in groups, or when someone is calling you, you see a low resolution contact image. You have to open every single contact to get their high resolution image.

Also, it does not automatically synchronize contact images once in,a while, such a step backwards from previous fb integration.

Still a useless app. Still have to use m.facebook.com

Terribly frustrating.

Last edited:

SebastinElvin

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

don't know how to change the new stories and top stories in the news feed..still lots of features missing but its the best app so far...happy that MS brought us to this level..proud indeed.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

don't know how to change the new stories and top stories in the news feed..still lots of features missing but its the best app so far...happy that MS brought us to this level..proud indeed.
Changing between recent or top storiew just changes the order of the posts, it wont help, there are fundamentally posts missing. :(

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I read a lot of posts like "some stories/posts are missing". Can you give some examples? Because I don't think I had something similar.
And btw, the app is still BETA, the final one should include "fixes and improvements" (c)

rafael33379

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Someone else have problem with video upload? When I want share video I have only mail and messaging option how to share.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

Guys I got a off topic question, but is it possible to let Cortana give a notification of a soccer game, if so how do I set this up ?

Another way to do this now is setup your favorite sports/teams in Bing Sports. Those get synced to Cortana now. Same with Stocks in Bing Finance, or News categories from News.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I read a lot of posts like "some stories/posts are missing". Can you give some examples? Because I don't think I had something similar.
And btw, the app is still BETA, the final one should include "fixes and improvements" (c)
Examples of what you do not see:
... Is tagged in ....
Likes ... Page
Instagram stuff
... Shared ...
... Got into a relationship with...
... Is now single
I could go on. You don't see a lot of stuff lol.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Examples of what you do not see:
... Is tagged in ....
Likes ... Page
Instagram stuff
... Shared ...
... Got into a relationship with...
... Is now single
I could go on. You don't see a lot of stuff lol.

wp_ss_20140617_0002.png

Yeah, I see there are missing the Instagram pictures.

Edit_1: I see the "tagged in" stuff on the friend's page, not on news feed.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

At first I really like the new version, then I started using it and comparing what it showed vs what was avail from a desktop. They are terribly inconsistent. On the desktop, I am seeing mostly posts from my friends. On the new beta version I see mostly the pages I am following with VERY FEW of the posts from my friends. This is a huge step backwards. Sorry. Will have to roll back to previous version until this is resolved.

​Was so looking forward to the updated version...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Is it worth getting?
I'm on the stable release now..
When do you think the update will be pushed to the stable version?
----
Jesus Christ, why is it so laggy (when switching from notification to messages to news feed for example)?
Looks nice doe!

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Is it worth getting?
----
Jesus Christ, why is it so laggy (when switching from notification to messages to news feed for example)?
Looks nice doe!
It lags a bit when you swipe, is fine when you just click.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Is it worth getting?
----
Looks nice doe!
At a short glance it looks worthy, and that's why most reactions are quite enthusiastic. But it is still crap. See all problems mentioned before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo