Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Let's put an end to the Facebook circus

So the Facebook app just got an update. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand no, still no notifications for me. The one and ONLY thing a Facebook client should do, is still not available on Windows Phone.

This isn't a windows phone problem. I get a toast notification every time someone likes my stuff or comments on something.

i use it as a "hey, I got something" but just dismiss it and open it up on the Me tile since I don't really like the app.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I hate our facebook app. It is absoloutly nothing comapred to the one they have on ios. I just use the mobile explorer on my phone and manualy go to facebook dot com. The mobile web version is a thousand times better than our crappy app.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

email sent to 'fbwp@microsoft.com'

Hi thanks for the update to your facebook app however i still
can?t see/send attachments in messages
- Photos load as tiny thumbnails
- Can?t share friend?s posts/can?t tag people in comment/post
- Can?t search for new friends/unfriend friends or like or unlike pages
- Can?t post to a group
- Can?t filter out games stuff of news feed
- Can?t share pics
- Hyperlinks don?t work/ not present in app
- No chat (Facebook chat integration is crap)
- Can?t post on friend?s wall
- No cover photo access
- Can?t delete private messages

please fix this for us.
Many thanks

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: Facebook for Windows Phone 4.2

Game posts in the news feed will NEVER be fixed in the MS WP8 app unless Facebook changes their API limitations for 3rd party apps..period...ever! Same with the feed not being the same as the website, some friends posts not being visible, etc.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Ya. Message notifications never worked for me in the app, but you get them in the "Messaging" app...

but you appear online all the time... no "mobile device" icon as you get on other platforms

thus people assume that you are in front of your computer and start writing tons of stuff ;) and especially expect a reply immediately

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I really don't get the need for a stupid app if u have SNS integration to the OS itself.
One of the things because of which I have abandoned iPhone for Lumia was exactly this. I do not need any stupid apps, everything is in the system. Ok, let me be honest, I am just a basic FB, Twitter, LinkedIn user, but for the basic stuff, the built-in hub is more then sufficient.
And I get all the notifications, just without a sound, but that is also okay, because, I cannot be without a glance to my Lumia920 more than an hour :D

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I really don't get the need for a stupid app if u have SNS integration to the OS itself.
One of the things because of which I have abandoned iPhone for Lumia was exactly this. I do not need any stupid apps, everything is in the system. Ok, let me be honest, I am just a basic FB, Twitter, LinkedIn user, but for the basic stuff, the built-in hub is more then sufficient.
And I get all the notifications, just without a sound, but that is also okay, because, I cannot be without a glance to my Lumia920 more than an hour :D

dude, took the words right outa my mouth

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I uninstalled the Facebook app last week. I find myself using the baked in features the most and then the mobile touch.facebook.com for sharing. I really wish we had the baked in feature to share a contacts post via the baked in method and also accept new friends.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't see the need for a fb app but I guess we are all different. I think fb is nicely baked into the OS for my needs and for the rest the mobile website works just fine.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I uninstalled the Facebook app last week. I find myself using the baked in features the most and then the mobile touch.facebook.com for sharing. I really wish we had the baked in feature to share a contacts post via the baked in method and also accept new friends.

Yeh those are the only things I would like to see added to the built in features. I'm on my computer enough to accept friend requests once a day.

Danielpena

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed that I don't see all the post made. By that I mean that some friends have to go to they're settings and do something so I can see what the put from my peoples hub. As for the app, it just doesn't show everything that the mobile site or touch site shows.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

the only problem I have is with the chat api or messenger api whatever....it's simply stupdi that facebook won't let microsoft use it or for whatever reason....we can't get messages people sent from fb messenger, it's completely unreasonable....

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Is ut only me or does other experience that when you do a check in with this app. There is no map on your location when you see the post in the Facebook desktop site? All my friends with Android or iOS have a map showing your spot. With the Microsoft Facebook app and bing map service there is no map? Or is it only me? And sometimes a can not even update my status and connect a picture. It says I can not do this right now...

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

put it in another way? why dont you ask them to update the people's hub anyways, it does seem that it has more features that are still pending on FB app. The only thing you rant about People hub is the invisible status, while you have a list for the FB app.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that update should at least have brought some major changes... It's been a while since the app was updated so I wonder if it will ever be on par with Android and iOS' versions. Is it that hard for Microsoft to develop a good Facebook app? Not really... Its a very small task compared to building a whole OS.

I don't use the official app... It feels like its been written in 2007 when apps were starting to be cool, but it wasn't quite that.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

the refresh bug is not actually fixed. i commented on a post, went back to the news feed and it refreshed to the too, so much for that crap being fixed. this update is just bs so the last update thing in the store does t say 15 dec 2012, plain and simple.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

The FB app on WP is nice looking BUT is completely useless... even BB07 has a better FB app.

For now I just pinned the mobile website to my home screen (sucks not having notifications though)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro