What is the name of the app that changes the tiles from solid to actual photos

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The app allows you to change the tiles from solid to actual photos. I thought it was "skinsy", but I can't fins it anywhere. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is the name if this app...

There are probably several but I use Custom Tiles Maker because you can create picture tiles just to look at or as a website launcher or shortcut. Its a great app!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is the name if this app...

can you use one big picture for all tiles...almost like a wallpaper?

you have the option of having tiles as one big picture if that's what you want, but keep in mind that the tiles won't function for apps, it will strictly be for appearance purposes.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Most ppl have custom picture tiles as well as regularly tiles (phone, messaging, apps, etc.) for easy navigation. However you can delete any tile you want.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I could swear that I saw an app where you could change the tiles to pictures and they were still operable.

you can still operate them, but only to do certain things. For instance, I have several tiles I made for website launchers. So, instead of pinning the page through IE you can save a picture and use that photo to make a tile that would launch the website when you press it. Other tasks that you can use your created picture tiles for are SMS, email, dialing a number, to launch certain settings, and a few of other things. The coolest thing about this app is that you can create your custom picture tiles to flip like live tiles. Try it out for free, it won't hurt to try. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos