Nokia Music's latest update

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ever since Nokia updated their music app earlier this month files that I have ripped from youtube will not play. Any reason for this? They are .mp3 and not illegal files so I am confused

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ever since Nokia updated their music app earlier this month files that I have ripped from youtube will not play. Any reason for this? They are .mp3 and not illegal files so I am confused

I have a lot of ripped music from Youtube and no problem at all to play them with Nokia Music (latest update) or with MS Music+Videos ... but please do not tell to anybody ... :p

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Wonder what gives then. xbox music player on my phone plays them no problem but nokia music will not. I click on it to play and it brings me to the top of the list of songs. they are the only 3 songs on my device that will not play

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive gone through everything except formatting the phone.

I have tried to use a different ripper
restarted
reinstalled the app
changed song formats

Worked just fine before the update

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ive gone through everything except formatting the phone.

I have tried to use a different ripper
restarted
reinstalled the app
changed song formats

Worked just fine before the update

Did you try to rename it ? (to move to computer first, then rename it and move it back with a different name)

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it seems the problem is strictly with ripping the audio from youtube. Ive tried all kinds of files from youtube and none of them work. They are .mp3 so I am not sure what the problem is.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for that suggestion but it did not work either. I went into the file ID through winamp and changed up the info in there and that seemed to work. Not sure why it is working now, the file should play regardless *shrug*

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You was right - there was a bug in a previous update - mp3 without tags did not play properly, but it is fixed in a last update ...

I add always tags for my mp3 songs, so that's why I did not have this problem ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05