Indigo thoughts

Timbo512

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Indigo and it seems to be an OK app. Granted its Beta, so I give it an OK. Its responsive and does quite a bit. But when you ask for things like scores, I'd like to know the socres instead of being directed to a Bing search. I wish I had a way to immediately launch like Siri. It is pinned to my Start but it would just be simpler.

I does seem to hang periodically when you try and launch. Its crashed a few times and closed itself out. Speak recognition isn't spot on. Makes mistakes and you have to repeat yourself. Search is about as fast as WP Bing search.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Indigo and it seems to be an OK app. Granted its Beta, so I give it an OK. Its responsive and does quite a bit. But when you ask for things like scores, I'd like to know the socres instead of being directed to a Bing search. I wish I had a way to immediately launch like Siri. It is pinned to my Start but it would just be simpler.

I does seem to hang periodically when you try and launch. Its crashed a few times and closed itself out. Speak recognition isn't spot on. Makes mistakes and you have to repeat yourself. Search is about as fast as WP Bing search.
its worked pretty flawlessly, though the only time it didnt work for me was when i tryed to tell it to bring up cnn.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think people understand that ANY app that has voice recognition as part of the app is using the same exact thing you use when you hold the start button and bring up TellMe. If TellMe has horrible dictation/accuracy for you via holding start button, its gonna be horrible for you with any app you use. It's not like these apps use seperate voice recognition systems other than TellMe, which is why the apps require you to enable you speech recognition services through the WP8 speech settings. How it dictates natural language is the company's technology, but when you see the text returned to the screen after you speak, that is TellMe...

That said, I don't expect the recognition of any of these apps to be more than 80% accurate until Microsoft rolls out that new speech recognition improvement that was demoed about 3 weeks ago. Until then, it does
horrible with any background noise, and can't dictate between words with common sounds like "hey" and "pay", for example....

Microsoft has a LONG way to go with their speech services, and its unfortunate they dont

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So far it works well. 2 things when creating a reminder or appointment, you need to tap the mic again to continue the conversation which in my opinion should continue without the need to tap the mic. Also, the live tile doesn't update if you remove a reminder in the app.

Anybody getting both things I got?

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I too think that the mic should be "hot" when it asks you a question. Tapping the mic to continue a conversation is unfortunate.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Remembering that the app is still in Beta....

- The voice recognition seems to work as well as current development
- Directions work well and tie into your navigation system of choice
- Local recommendations for restaurants or food choice quality is lacking, seems to go with nearest location
- 'Reminders' worked fine. Can be deleted by long hold on alarm bell
- 'Favourites'...unable to figure out how to add items
- Indigo voice gender can be toggled to male/female thru the WP8 Settings....Settings | System | Speech | Text to Speech voice (despite Indigo website FAQ showing 'Speech - Recognition | Synthesizer' options in app Settings...maybe that's only in Android Settings????)
- 'Contacts' interface works well
- Weather is accurate
- Indigo wasn't too well informed on local events...defaulted to 'May I search for that on Bing'
- Calendar/personal schedule was accurate (tho no calendar option shown to select to add in app Settings | Accounts)
- Played music song choice

So that's my experience so far...

Last edited:

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Like the app a lot. One of the improvements I'd like to see is integration with the Here Apps. Would love to be able to ask "what time is the next bus?" and have it pull that info from Here Transit for me.

Timbo512

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with some of the assessments that hitting the Microphone icon each time is inconvenient. It would be nice to have continued conversation. Some questions repeatedly go to internet searches which should be instantly produced. Scores, schedules, etc. Agree with the HERE request. Would be nice detail. I also wish you could open more apps on your phone.

Its a good app for Beta and FREE. It will be interesting to see where they take it.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
dumb question. I just downloaded, registered and added a reminder. Does the reminder get copied to my actual calendar?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it half bad at this point. Weather and "Tell me a joke" is what I'm using it for so far, but when I get time to really put Indigo though its paces, I'll have a better idea but I'm hanging onto it. It shows promise.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
dumb question. I just downloaded, registered and added a reminder. Does the reminder get copied to my actual calendar?

No all reminders and appointments are saved in-app only. So if you pin double wide Indigo tile on screen, you will see them scrolling/flipping through.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit concerned with privacy and security when using "personal assistant" apps like Siri, Google Now, and now indigo on WP. Anyone else share these concerns? I feel like I am sharing a lot of information with these apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786