Help get us the Disney Mobile Magic app!

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
All..Help me encourage Disney to create their Mobile Magic app for the Windows Phone! Click the link below, and you can even copy and paste the paragraph I typed up. Just change it to your name! Also, in the topic dropdown, be sure to select ?My Disney Experience?!

Thanks Everyone!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Something like:

"
I would like to know when we can expect to see the official Disney app, Mobile Magic, appear on Windows Phone 8 devices! Currently, a large and ever growing population of Windows Phone users are being excluded from fully experiencing the Disney Magic. Thank you for working quickly to close this gap.

Regards,

"

Gamby35

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread Jwelhouse. I have sent my feedback request to Disney! Let's hope we the app soon! My family loves going to Disney! :smile:

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else hit them up yet? Disney just released another app to iOS and Android and forgot about us again! Unacceptable! Spam'em ;)

PinnacleDesigns

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Official apps are nice, but competing apps make them better. Use Disney Expedition and compare to My Disney Experience on android. Disney Expedition wins on all accounts, hands down.

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just sent them a message too. I wish Disney would release all their entertainment division apps on W8/WP8 too. Always left behind :(
Is that Mobile Magic app still Verizon only, though?

But honestly, Pinnacle's looks pretty nice.

EDIT: After playing with Disney Expedition for the day I bought the ad free version. They did a great job, and it's using the same data source as the official apps. I'd recommend supporting Pinnacle!

Last edited:

Gamby35

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree that Disney expedition does a very nice job, but like Meathead says, we need to get the official apps in to the store! Lets all hit Disney up again to get them moving on this. I am starting to see a number of Disney apps hit this store and W8, so it has to be coming!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking for this app last week while on vacation. Would be nice if it talked to the NFC in their wristbands. (we know the iphone cant)

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The Official Disneyworld app is quite well made actually. My wife and I made great use of it on her iPhone just a couple of months ago. You can manage pretty much EVERYTHING... We made, and changed FastPass times (for rides) and had access to all our dinner reservations, account info, etc. Show me an unoffical app that can do that.
Me and my WP were quite jealous... It's essential, especially if you've booked directly with Disney Vacations and are staying at one of their resorts.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if the Android version talks to their MagicBands? With mine, when I held my Lumia 928 up against it, it would play a looping charm sound until I separated them. I'm wondering if the NFC on the android devices, bands, and their official app work together?

Gamby35

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about the apps working directly with the Bands. But, I also just returned from a trip to Disney(and as a Vacation Club member, there are many more to come) and was VERY jealous of my iOS counterparts taking advantage of the new app functions. I implore everyone to be sure and vote this 'Feature Suggestion' up. The more votes we can get it, the better! It only takes a few seconds! Work with Disney to have the My Disney Experience App created! – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
My sister works for Disney and she's asked around about bringing the app to WP a few times and as far as she has heard it's coming, but there's no definitive timeframe. For a company usually as well organized as Disney, they don't have the best IT department. The magic bands and MDE app are part of a larger scale overhaul to their computer systems and they've still got a lot of issues to fix. My guess is once they finish the rollout and iron most of the bugs in the next few months is when they'll focus more on stuff like releasing the app on more platforms. Supposedly they also have tablet versions (including RT) and BB10 in the pipeline (we'll see if the BB version sees the light of day at this point)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3