Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
       #1  
    For the first time EVER (for me), I actually saw the Windows Phone logo next to iOS and Android in a commercial for Home Depot. I have been using Windows Phone for over a year so for this to be the first time is crazy! Hopefully this becomes the norm...
  2. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,760 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #2  
    Last year, I found an ad for a job-hunting app,
    It put WP on equal footing with iOS and Android. (And actually served as a blatant Lumia ad, since they showed the cyan Lumia 900)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
  3. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Last year, I found an ad for a job-hunting app,
    It put WP on equal footing with iOS and Android. (And actually served as a blatant Lumia ad, since they showed the cyan Lumia 900)
    If it was at least partially funded by Nokia/Microsoft/carrier then that isn't too amazing. If it was just an app showing it was for WP also, that was a trend-setter of an app. When I first tried WP, I never saw a thing about WP; I just happened to see the 710 at Walmart and was intrigued.
  4. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,760 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    If it was at least partially funded by Nokia/Microsoft/carrier then that isn't too amazing. If it was just an app showing it was for WP also, that was a trend-setter of an app. When I first tried WP, I never saw a thing about WP; I just happened to see the 710 at Walmart and was intrigued.
    Actually, all they did with the ad was take the iOS icon and put it on the phones :)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
  5. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Actually, all they did with the ad was take the iOS icon and put it on the phones :)
    That sounds about right!

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Phone apps on the rise in the coming year
    By Ali Rahman1 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
  2. Windows Phone need their logo on tv like Apple&Android when apps are compatible!!
    By Marty Larsson in forum General Microsoft News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 11:50 PM
  4. Need Help in Windows phone app developemnt
    By Roshan A in forum Developers Corner
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
  5. What are Windows Phone apps programmed in?
    By jalb in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions