Did anyone try the NEW Facebook messenger on iPhone? I think we need one here...

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all :)
A Facebook messenger app in a way same as what's found in the new iOS version will be more than welcome to me.

Don't really like the facebook messaging experience on WP where you have to pull down the chats every few seconds to see the new messages in real time. Besides the new interface and emotions are AMAZING.

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Facebook chat is already implemented in the OS. It is limited but it gets the job done. If we were ever to get that facebook messenger app, then it would come from facebook itself. Until now, facebook does not even have its own application on WP. I guess time will tell.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Facebook chat is already implemented in the OS. It is limited but it gets the job done. If we were ever to get that facebook messenger app, then it would come from facebook itself. Until now, facebook does not even have its own application on WP. I guess time will tell.

Well the implementation in the OS is useless. A FB messenger app is the one app i still really want for windows phone.
But youre correct, fb will probably have to make it and i doubt they will any time soon.

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Well the implementation in the OS is useless. A FB messenger app is the one app i still really want for windows phone.
But youre correct, fb will probably have to make it and i doubt they will any time soon.
Why do you say it is useless? Do you mean that is not working for you or that it is limited to just chatting?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have no need or desire to chat with anyone via Facebook. That said, we already have the functionality. Facebook's new implementation on Android and iOS is more of a gimmicky redesign in an attempt to give the company greater relevance.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Works great for me on the baked in messaging app. And its already in the new FB app as well.

Now you want a third app? Yaa... NO.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Guys, please stop saying "We have the implemented version of facebook. u can use that for chatting!". Of course it is awesome to use the WP-Version, but it is NOT perfect and there are a few scenarios where you can not use it.. And there are still connectivity issues... not all the messages arrive and are sent...

scenario-example 1: if you have changed your chat-status on facebook ("show as offline. Only friends you chose yourself are able to see you as 'online'"), you can not use the implemented facebook chat... at least that's how it is on my 7 Pro...

scenario-example 2: You want to choose by yourself when you want to chat on your phone. so you are not going to let it stay "online" all the time. If you use the FB-chat this way, you will end up with a limited chat history with messages you sent/recieved during the times you were online... I want a normal chat-app where I can see what I wrote on my phone/pc on facebook to that particular person...

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I use it to chat with my friends and I have not got any problems with it. The only problem was the connectivity issues a few days ago but I guess the problem was on facebook's side. Until then everything is working as it should. I hope you do not expect the implementation to do what an official application would do. Microsoft allows you to chat on facebook. Everything else that the facebook messenger app does should come from facebook.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
That said, we already have the functionality. Facebook's new implementation on Android and iOS is more of a gimmicky redesign in an attempt to give the company greater relevance.

Have you used it for at least a week before saying it is gimmicky?

It works flawlessly on my htc one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos