Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
re: Pocket File Manager (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager)

Hi Ray, just downloaded the trial version. Couple of questions:

1) In my Saved Pictures album, as seen from the native Photo app, I have a subfolder named "Focus". Your app doesn't show a subfolder although all the photos at the root of Saved Pictures are there.
2) In my Camera Roll album, I have lots of pictures shot with the ProShot app that render fine in the Photo app. But in your app, when I tap the file name of these images, they don't render.
3) When I drill down into the subfolders of, say, Photo Library, and I press the "official" back key (the one to the left of the Windows key, shouldn't I return up one level in the folder structure. I think this would be more consistent with WP design and easier than tapping that little back arrow under the word root? As it is, I get exited out of the app, which is unexpected.

Thanks for your help!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

1 - PFM receives all pictures by querying photo library. Unfortunately it returns all images in one list. I will try to find the better way to check albums, if it will be possible by API
2 - can you give one of these pictures for test? exact it from windows explorer, not by sharing from phone itself
3 - Check settings. There is option for that. It is not activated by default as I thought it will confuse people

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

1) and 3) Thank you!
2) Sample photo is attached. It was downsized in the upload, actual size is 2.5MB

Attachments

• 2013_06_18_20_15_17_ProShot.jpg
    2013_06_18_20_15_17_ProShot.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 4

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

ok, email sent with original jpg attached

nsbabra

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

yes, easy access.. and Something a bit minimal ...!!
For example, I don't personally like the background colour for one.
It all seems a bit too crowded in the App Bar and App Bar menus.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Well, that's weird. Something's screwy because PFM lists these file oddly. Here's my WP8 screen shot. Notice the files names have embedded periods and do not have .jpg extension?
wp_ss_20130701_0002.jpg

Here's the same folder in a W8 screen shot. Notice the file names have underscores embedded in the name?
ProShotFolderScreenShot2.jpg

After scrolling down a few pages, the file names are finally rendered with the underscore but there's no .jpg extension:
wp_ss_20130701_0001.jpg

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Strange situation. Somehow PFM do not see extension thats why it cannot open it. I will try to find whats wrong

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I don't have ProShot so I cannot check how they named images. Windows Phone Medial Library API doesn't return the name file stored, only the name given by application and if ProShot doesn't include .jpg in Name of picture, this could be a problem.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand, the W8 screenshot is of my phone's Camera Roll folder and the filenames there have .jpg

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

The re is difference between file name and picture name. When application saves picture it can give any name to it. Internally Windows Phone can assign any filename to it too. And because PFM uses technique where file can be located by its name (returned by the system) this could be sometimes a problem. Long story short, I will try find a workaround

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Great App. Too bad OS have stupid limitations, I would relly love to be able to create folders under camera roll or at same level and subfolders and sort my pictures. Right now the only way how to do it is to move pictures from my L920 to my PC sort them on PC and then move them back. It feels like too many steps and takes time. Hope really microsoft allow this feature in the near future.
Thanks for great app!

MDII

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Excuse me, I didn't understand that: If you have folders and subfolders containing music and video files in the application local storage, can you open them?

Thx!

MDII

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the answer and excuse me for two more nob questions.
1.- Is there any restriction in the number of steps in the structure Folder-->subfolder-->subfolder...? I mind if i can have just about 6 or 8 steps.
2.- Can I copy the whole tree structure if I have it in my PC?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

1 - near unlimited, but actual limitation is unknown.
2 - yes. But if you have a lot of files it could take a time

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

New update just passed certification.
now downloader can detect YouTube video urls and automatically convert it to real video file url so you can download it and watch later. How to use it. Just copy YouTube url in from of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI and paste it as download url .
PFM will download maximum available quality up to 720p. PFM won't download 1080p because currently windows phone player unable to play such videos. At least I tested it with 5 of them and no one could be played.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Too late for the free version, but I will try the demo version.

Can you add FTP and SMB client support?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

FTP client is ongoing task. SMB may be, but cannot guaranty it yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster