App Development for Windows Phone 7

Foremace

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey there

I'm thinking of buying a Windows Phone however the only option I currently have is the Nokia Lumia 900 which runs Windows 7.5-7.8. I was just wondering though if apps would be continuing to develop for 7 or only for 8 in the near future. Let me know soon.

Thanks!

Foremace

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Because it was not an option in the list of phones I could upgrade to that was sent to me by my provider. All I want to know is if apps will still be continued to develop for phones running Windows 7.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the developer. Lots of them know it is still important. Be prepared to wait at least a week two for it to be released for 7.x. I hope it works out for you. Definitely worth the switch. The 900 is the phone I longed for. I had no upgrade. So when the 920 came out I ripped AT&T's arm off.

Foremace

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Aha okay. So it's not like all app development for phones running Windows 7.5-7.8 will just stop in the foreseeable future. It will just take longer for certain apps to come to these versions?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh like he said depends on the developer. I think you can squeeze another year out of 7 before devs start moving away. The apps and games I've been working on I've made sure work with 7 as well. Don't give your hopes up on top apps though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon