Facebook app notifications

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Alerts from posts and messages as well (for those offlines one I don't receive thru the native messaging hub) but I don't get neither one. I played with authorizations on fb, on my windows love account, nothing.

Concerning icq, it works very well, as well as the native messaging hub, but also only for online people.

Adam Hel

May 18, 2013
Visit site
To all of you who get the notifications, do you use fb chat? It seems like you can't both use the native chat and get notifications.

That would explain why I don't get any, I'm connected in the message hub all the time.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I toggle between text and fb chat view message hub.

To all of you who get the notifications, do you use fb chat? It seems like you can't both use the native chat and get notifications.

That would explain why I don't get any, I'm connected in the message hub all the time.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

A known issue with the messaging app is that sometimes messages from offline people don't appear...
I have tried e-mail notifications, but they were always delayed and SMS notifications aren't available in my country.

I personally uninstalled the official FB and disconnected the messaging app, I only use JDB for Facebook. It has an integrated chat with message notifications which are quite good. The integrated chat has the same feeling as catting on FB on a computer.

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
A known issue with the messaging app is that sometimes messages from offline people don't appear...
I think this is caused by the way Facebook handles messages. If you're offline and you send someone a message, it goes through as an 'Inbox' message, so it doesn't get sent to chat clients. But if you're online, it's a 'chat' message, which goes through to the chat hub.

You can see what I mean in Facebook - open a message thread in the 'Inbox' area and you'll see icons next to each message. Those sent from the Inbox will have no icon, but those from chat will have a speech box icon on them.

FW Barma

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have my facebook (Microsoft app for windows phone 8) didn't give a toast or tile notification. It keeps me curious knowing that it works great in Android or iOS. Anyway, it works great too on my WP 8 now! Plus, it works on 3G or Wi-Fi
Okay people, here's the trick!
1. Tap SETTING --> SYSTEM --> FIND MY PHONE --> CHECK the box for both of option, which is:
- SEND APPS TO MY PHONE USING bla..bla..bla
- SAVE MY PHONE'S LOCATION bla...bla...bla
2. TURN OFF the phone
3. TURN ON the phone
4. Try send messages from facebook. It will send you both TOAST and TILE NOTIFICATION!

Technically, I don't know how these settings can make the notification works. In my opinion, it works because these setting give the exact command to the microsoft server or such a thing to send a push notification right to your cellphone via application notification, not via SMS notification. It do the same thing with the location.

BTW, CHECK ALL BOXES on Facebook app notification menu.

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I know this topic is from almost last year. But i still have a question about the facebook notifications and maybe someone know how it works.
The whole notifications for facebook seems to work so far with the current beta. But is there a way to get the chat notifications shown on the lockscreen? Im having chat pinned to my startscreen and it shows the notification there, but the usual facebook tile dont show any notification about it, also not if the chat isnt pinned. And i just could add facebook to the lockscreen and this show no notification for chat too :(

anybody, any idea?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12