Free Battery App Packed With Features!!!

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I created this free app called Zapi Battery a few months ago with no ads but all the features. You can check it out here Zapi Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States).

The features of this app are as follows:

* View battery details on lock screen or live tile
* See battery details on beautiful gauges
* Store history data for up to 7 days
* Set chart theme for area and line
* Customise date format
* View percentage data graphically with tooltips
* Export or view historical battery percentage data
* Export or view historical discharge rate
* Set background wallpaper for lock screen based on percentage battery
* Support for 7 languages (this is only for lockscreen settings and battary stats screen)
* Customise toast alerts for percentage remaining, message as well as time to receive notifications
* 20 battery tricks and tips
* Configure level percentage as well as theme for each level
* Nice and clean design with easy to use interface

What makes this app different from all the others? There are 5 levels defined for your battery with a unique theme associated with each. These themes are used to update your tile and/or background wallpaper as well as your gauges. You have the ability to customise each of these levels if terms of the percentage range and theme to associate with each level. You can also choose a theme for when the battery is fully charged as well as when it is recharging.

Some things to be aware of and limitations imposed by the operating system:
* Background agent runs every 30 minutes or so
* Battery saver may disable background task
* At 100%, live tile or lock screen will not show value
* You need a Wi-Fi or data connection
* This is NOT a battery drain app
* Might not work in airplane mode

For live tile, check that the background task is running under Settings -> Applications -> Background Tasks. You should see Zapi Battery with "allowed" written under it. I am always looking for ways to make this app better so send me your suggestions and/or issues.

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That was a cool app dude! Nice interface and no ads. If possible, why don't you try to details of battery draining apps by percentage..
Thanks for the feedback...as far as I know there is no API as such that will give us details as to how much battery an app is using. Will be nice if there was something we could use though :)

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Great app. I think I tried most of the battery apps and I ended up with Zapi Battery as my preferred battery app. :smile:

I have a few suggestions:
1. The initial screen should be removed
zapi1.png
2. The Battery Statistic screen should be the initial screen. The % data should use a bigger font (the icons above days, hours, minutes could be deleted as they are hardly visible). Same font color as battery level. Settings should be added to the ... menu. Tricks&Tips should also be put here
zapi2.png
3. The History screens should be visible by just sliding right from the Battery Statistic screen
zapi3.png

And that's all. Keep up the good work !

Last edited:

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback helsten2 :) This app has been downloaded 10K+ times since I released it and there is a handful of people that prefer the sliding option from the start screen but the majority are happy with the different UI so it has brought up a discussion that maybe I should make another version of the app or even another setting that will fit your requirement. But nevertheless, you are not alone in this :)

prakashe

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Some things to be aware of and limitations imposed by the operating system:
* This is NOT a battery drain app

Why do we need a data connection or Wi-Fi?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had to uninstall it :(, I was playing with the phone for a few hours, but the battery app tile was not in a mood to update, showing me 55%, I was a bit amazed as I thought the phone had great battery life so I opened the app and it showed value at 48%, now i was playing again for some time and made some calls, didn't open the battery app though, and now I saw the tile still stuck at 48% (the last time I opened it was 3 hours ago), now when I opened it, its 21%.

I am not sure why its not updating the tile, I didn't mingle with the background app settings thing, good app but sadly not for me.

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I had to uninstall it :(, I was playing with the phone for a few hours, but the battery app tile was not in a mood to update, showing me 55%, I was a bit amazed as I thought the phone had great battery life so I opened the app and it showed value at 48%, now i was playing again for some time and made some calls, didn't open the battery app though, and now I saw the tile still stuck at 48% (the last time I opened it was 3 hours ago), now when I opened it, its 21%.

I am not sure why its not updating the tile, I didn't mingle with the background app settings thing, good app but sadly not for me.
For the tile to update, you need the background agent running and this runs every 30 minutes or so. This will mean that the amount shown on the tile might be different to what is shown when you open the app as the background agent has not run to update the tile or lockscreen values.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
For the tile to update, you need the background agent running and this runs every 30 minutes or so. This will mean that the amount shown on the tile might be different to what is shown when you open the app as the background agent has not run to update the tile or lockscreen values.

Lets say I opened the app at 1pm and my battery was 100%, now I leave the app, listen to some music, watch videos make calls and come back at 2.15pm, check my home screen and its still 100% :s, technically the update must have been done atleast once!?
When I open the app from the home screen the battery took a massive plunge in a snap.
I didn't block the app in the background tasks, I did check once that it was not editable, or I can say it was allowed to run in the background.

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you have a WiFi and/or data connection active as well? Here are some limitations to the OS:

I have not had this issue from anyone else so quite hard to see what is not happening. Basially the background agent needs to be running as well as having a WiFi and/or data connection for the live tile to update.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you have a WiFi and/or data connection active as well? Here are some limitations to the OS:

I never turn on the battery saver, even if the battery is 2%
Mine wasn't 100% but 47
2G data was on
No wasn't on airplane either

I have not had this issue from anyone else so quite hard to see what is not happening. Basially the background agent needs to be running as well as having a WiFi and/or data connection for the live tile to update.

I will try installing it again today and come back with the screenshots :)

Edit
12.00Pm, installed it, taking a screenshot, will pin it and take a screenshot in the evening.
I haven't touched the background apps thing, and the battery saver is not on :).
Will be taking screenshots periodically.
I've also pinned the battery app besides it so I know whats actually going on.
------------
I installed it at 12 and my battery was 47% on both tiles (Battery App & Your App).

Its 1.45pm now, which means 105 minutes since the app is installed, the 'battery' app says 39% while your app still says 47%, I didn't open any of the 2 apps at all, they were just pinned on the home screen. Am connected to office wifi and 2G is on as well, I did check a few mails and was browsing 9GAG while lunch, thats all. Battery saver is not on as always.

Took screenshots of the background tasks/apps as well, your app is allowed :), there's no option to disable it actually.

I can't post screenshots now as am in office, will post them by evening.

Just realized I have photobeamer lol.

iMs0o39w5OFBX.jpg

iAwOxYEmTyZXN.jpg

ibvx4DzqosRPEa.jpg

iDkhLmpgwTldI.jpg

ifjJVQvR5kqSH.jpg

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am through the day and here are rest of the screenshots.

I left office at 16:00~, switched off wifi but data/2G was on the whole time. Reached home by 19:00 and was on wifi again.
I waited till the phone's battery died, the 'battery' app stopped at '8%' and the phone said goodbye. Plugged it in a wall charger and went outside.
While the phone was kept on charge, again didn't open the battery apps.
I'm not sure why your app didn't refresh even after a restart?
Either I have a faulty unit, or your app is not working correctly, WCS - both.

Rest of the screenshots - Battery Screenshots - Minus

Phone was put on airplane mode for a few secs at 17:00 or so because I lost network when I entered a building and didn't regain it for quite some time, didn't open any of the 2 battery apps throughout the day.

Didn't touch power saver even when I got a low battery warning.

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
From your screenshot your screenshot for background tasks, I cannot see Zapi Battery on the list. Go to Settings > Background and press the button "Start Background Task". This needs to be running for the tile update to work. Go to your background tasks after pressing this button and make sure you see Zapi Battery on this list.

Amit Chand

May 25, 2013
Visit site
At the moment you can do the recharging part by setting the alert yourself under Settings > Toast Alerts or did you mean a range?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05