- 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM #1
I usually have Weather Flow going with live tile and lock screen updates, but for the past week or two it has not been updating without launching the app. I switched to my backup, Amazing Weather HD, but it is also failing to update automatically. I have rebooted my phone numerous times and reduced the number of apps running background tasks, all to no avail. Currently, I only have Dictionary.com, TVShow, and Weather Flow running background tasks, but still no joy. Dictionary.com and TVShow were also acting up, but today they looked like the updated automatically.
Does anyone have any knowledge any live tile/lockscreen updating issues? I am normally at home or at work and both have wi-fi access 24/7, so connectivity shouldn't be a problem. I occasionally lose 4G indoors, but that happens infrequently. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Note: my phone is a Nokia 920 on AT&T.
05-30-2013, 06:51 AM #2
- 375 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
yes, I've noticed the same problem with Amazing weather HD. It's not updating the lockscreen with new Bing images anymore and the live tile is 'stuck' with old weather data unless i open the app. The app has background running permissions in setting.
- 05-30-2013, 06:47 PM #3
I don't think any live tiles are automatically updating now. The 3 apps for which I currently have live tiles and background tasks enabled are not currently updating unless I launch the app (which defeats the purpose of a live tile).
- By jswantek in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM
- By NinjaPenguin777 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
- By allmodcons in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-26-2012, 06:25 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
- By spitothec in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 12-30-2010, 10:20 AM