Facebook Beta has been all sorts of messed up

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Every time I try to check notifications it forces close and asks me to send an error report. If I click on a friends profile I get a blank white screen. I've done the uninstall, re-install...unpin, re-pin. That last update really messed things up, holy cow.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow. So people go crazy about wanting to be beta testers and then complain when the beta is available to all and has a few bugs. It's a beta, what were you expecting?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
got out of this app after a week using it. just too buggy. I would have kept using it if it didn't keep double posting me.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think that it is improving ... there is a problem to open notifications now, but others are OK - I have no problem to open my friends' profiles and to open links from feed and to get a toast notification and a number in a tile (with a text on on the other side of a tile) ...

EDIT: it seems that only OLD notifications do not open properly, but all NEW notifications open properly ...
EDIT 2: it seems that it is depending on object - photo ones work and text ones does not ...

Last edited:

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have offered feedback...and sent the error reports in. This "pollution" allows people to see if others are experiencing the same/similar issues. If you don't like it, don't read it...skip over the thread. Even a pea brain like you can figure that out.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The double posting was annoying, I solved it by not posting from my app...which isn't really a solution. Sadly it kept double posting on a thread where my Android friends were all chatting...so they gave my WP loving self a rather harsh once over. :( I had to go to the desktop real quick to easily delete the posts.

The app crashed about 5 times in 10 minutes the other day while screwing around waiting in a line for a movie. I expect bugs, but agree that things are going backwards. I hate that I can't see the pic and just scroll to comments (like you can in native Windows FB)...the regular FB protocol is such a silo'd experience.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3