Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Been wanting Eye-fi support for some time now and it looks like an app may be in the works, who knows. Sent an email to the service reps and this was their reply. Hope it pans out.

Hello johnny,
    Thank you for contacting Eye-Fi Customer Care. You are not alone in wanting a Windows mobile version of the Eye-Fi app. Eye-Fi's own VP of Marketing is asking for one too, so give us some time and let's see what happens. Just wanted you to know that there you have someone on the inside asking for the same.
    Kind regards,
    Eye-Fi Customer Care
    Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Huh, another company calling "Windows Phone" "Windows mobile"... How can this be?!

Those Eye-Fi cards looked pretty cool. Auto-uploads to cloud storage is useful. Actually, now that I remember that SkyDrive automatic update is bugged with an "Other" memory side effect, this seems pretty useful! Well, until GDR2 comes out of course...

One of the reasons i keep an android phone is for this. But lately my Eye-Fi Pro isn't much of use.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    . Auto-uploads to cloud storage is useful. Actually, now that I remember that SkyDrive automatic update is bugged with an "Other" memory side effect, this seems pretty useful!
    I'm not sure if you understand eye-fi. Are you wanting to use eye-fi in your phone so that you can auto-upload ​phone pictures to another cloud service?
    Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Oops, I was speaking from past knowledge. When I first saw the Eye-Fi cards in Target retail stores, I was interested and I looked at the cards' website and I think I saw the site saying that those cards automatically upload taken pictures to cloud services for you, if you're in reach of Wi-Fi. Now as I check their website again, the new cards are now used to upload pictures from your digital camera to your smartphone. Quite a change...

@interopbyt, yes it does, both ways. You can configure it to upload to their cloud, or be transferred to your phone running the app. I use the latter method.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    The key point is that the card is in your camera, not your phone. It's for uploading pictures that you take with your camera to your phone or to a cloud service via a wifi connection. Currently there is not a WP app that allows you to transfer to your phone.

Yes, it won't fit the phone to begin with.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I used a tricky one. RavPower 5-in-1 filehub. The different is it includes battery charger, file sharing and hotspot creator all in one. The storage of this one is also flexible as long as you insert different SD cards. The add-on point is you can insert USB as well. Amazon.com: [5-in-1] RAVPower Wireless SD Card Reader,USB External HDD / SDD / USB Flash Disk Reader,3000mAh External Battery Pack & NAS File Server & Wi-Fi Hot Spot Wireless Media Streaming FileHub RP-WD01: Kindle Store

Besides uploading photos to the phone (iPhone or android), the connection between the Eye-Fi card and the phone allows the photos to be geotagged. For me this is a big plus when using the Eye-Fi paired with my iPhone. Too bad I can't use this with my 920.

Hi. I have an Eye-Fi card and the response I got back from them was that they have no intention of supporting Windows Phone. However, I did find a work around, which I explain in the following thread.

Eye-Fi Card Support?