Celebrity Death Match: Me Tile vs Weather Flow

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I reallllllly loved the Weather Flow, tried the Amazing Weather HD too, but wasn't quite impressed with the animation nor the icons on the lock screen. Weather Flow, for that matter has won me over. But (there is always a but in a love story isn't there?)...Now, I have the Me Tile acting funny. Now, this could just be my imagination. But I have a feeling it isn't updating as it should.

What happened last night:

The Me Tile was fine.

I downloaded the Weather Flow app.

I downloaded the Amazing Weather HD app.

I asked my wife to like a couple of status updates.

The Me Tile didn't show 'em directly.

I went into the tile and swipe left, Notifications, and I saw all the updates.

I uninstalled both the apps and again asked my loving wife to like any random status of mine.

Still nothing.

I just put Weather Flow again.

Put the phone down and slept.

Morning...I saw 6 Notifications without going into the tile.

Even as I type, I have two notifications on my computer, none on the Live Tile.

Any help?

I like Weather Flow and don't want to delete it...Plz...anyone...?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I reallllllly loved the Weather Flow, tried the Amazing Weather HD too, but wasn't quite impressed with the animation nor the icons on the lock screen. Weather Flow, for that matter has won me over. But (there is always a but in a love story isn't there?)...Now, I have the Me Tile acting funny. Now, this could just be my imagination. But I have a feeling it isn't updating as it should.

What happened last night:

The Me Tile was fine.

I downloaded the Weather Flow app.

I downloaded the Amazing Weather HD app.

I asked my wife to like a couple of status updates.

The Me Tile didn't show 'em directly.

I went into the tile and swipe left, Notifications, and I saw all the updates.

I uninstalled both the apps and again asked my loving wife to like any random status of mine.

Still nothing.

I just put Weather Flow again.

Put the phone down and slept.

Morning...I saw 6 Notifications without going into the tile.

Even as I type, I have two notifications on my computer, none on the Live Tile.

Any help?

I like Weather Flow and don't want to delete it...Plz...anyone...?

If it makes you feel any better, I have none of those apps and this is a problem sometimes. It happens from time to time. Recently not at all, but yeah it takes time. Has something to do with how fast live tiles refresh I believe. It's strange but yeah, don't worry it's not your apps!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Update: Confirmed the Tiles aren't updating. Getting SMS notifs, even on computer I can see the update. But none on the Me tile.

Is removing Weather Flow advisable?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
@Xenophos Remove if you are not satisfied with this "Me tile" windows 8 mobile application development, the developer concentration on user interface is quite not well,with the cache time load of the tile to appear, if the app has been restructured by the windows 8 mobile then it would be great.

Thanks Amritha. I have to sadly agree with "he developer concentration on user interface is quite not well" bit. I have removed and now the Tile is showing notifications, although I don't know if its delayed.
Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea