OneNote Questions

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When I launch OneNote on my phone, I have to press Chen's notebook, then Quick notes, before finally arriving at my list of notes. Only then can I add a new note. Somewhat cumbersome in my opinion.

A couple of questions: One, is there a quicker way to get directly to my quick notes? Two, how can I create other notebooks, directly on the phone or otherwise?

Thanks.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
1) when you are in Quick notes, press the ..., then pin to start
2) hmmm don't know how to do it in WP8. but in W8, launch OneNote, and you can tap the + sign on the Notebook page and create a new Notebook. Then launch OneNote in WP8, navigate to Notebooks, press ..., then sync, and your new notebook will be there

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey chenhogl, If you go to the note you want (for example let's call it "Note to self", you can long-press the file and pin it to the start screen. That way you can just press the "Note to self" file directly and you can start making notes so much quicker.

Another thing you can do is to long-press the start screen, say "Note: whatever note you want to make" and your phone will save the audio clip, embed it in the note and also write what you said down for you. It's brilliant.

pokexpress

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
When you're in the quick notes secrion in OneNote, press the home button and open OneNote again from the app list or live tile (instead of returning via the back button). Then, exit OneNote via the back button. From then on, your default view when entering OneNote will be your quick notes. You can also do this with other notebooks or individual notes.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When you're in the quick notes secrion in OneNote, press the home button and open OneNote again from the app list or live tile (instead of returning via the back button). Then, exit OneNote via the back button. From then on, your default view when entering OneNote will be your quick notes. You can also do this with other notebooks or individual notes.

Brilliant, this is what I was looking for. Thanks!

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
New WP8 user here. Long time Android user and a recent iPhone user (only had the 4s about 2 months). Now I'm a Lumia 928 user. I can't believe I waited this long to use WP!! Loving it!

Anyways, regarding OneNote, is there anyway to save a webpage or something to OneNote? For example, if I'm reading an article on IE, if I hit the share button, there's no option to save it to OneNote. ??

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyways, regarding OneNote, is there anyway to save a webpage or something to OneNote? For example, if I'm reading an article on IE, if I hit the share button, there's no option to save it to OneNote. ??

Sounds like you are looking for the functionality of a reader... I guess you could save the link to OneNote, but that is manual. Is that all you are looking to do? Save the URL to a Note?

Is there any way to export image from windows 8 one note?

Are you meaning created in Win8, you want to save the photo on your WinPhone 8? Or you want to save a photo from OneNote to your PC/Tablet in Windows 8?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you are looking for the functionality of a reader... I guess you could save the link to OneNote, but that is manual. Is that all you are looking to do? Save the URL to a Note?

That would be silly, since you can just pin the website straight to the Home screen.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

What I'm looking for is this...

You go to a website, lets say a motorcycle repair website, and you find something you want to save - maybe instructions on cleaning your carbs to your "DIY Repair Notes" notebook in OneNote. My understanding is that I have to select the website and copy, go into OneNote, into that notebook, and then paste the link. What I would *like* to do is while I'm reading the article, have the option to "share..." to OneNote. To me, that makes the most sense. I'd even be happy using something other than OneNote if it would integrate itself into my webapps. Does Evernote do this?

I really do love this Lumia 928. I'm just finding a few drawbacks such as this one. Then there's the whole email attachment thing. But I digress.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That would be silly, since you can just pin the website straight to the Home screen.

But you can't access that from your PC or other phones. Plus sometimes you don't need it THAT in the way, but then you might as well save it to your Favorites.

What I'm looking for is this...

You go to a website, lets say a motorcycle repair website, and you find something you want to save - maybe instructions on cleaning your carbs to your "DIY Repair Notes" notebook in OneNote. My understanding is that I have to select the website and copy, go into OneNote, into that notebook, and then paste the link. What I would *like* to do is while I'm reading the article, have the option to "share..." to OneNote. To me, that makes the most sense. I'd even be happy using something other than OneNote if it would integrate itself into my webapps. Does Evernote do this?

I get what you want. Currently if it is something I am looking to access just from my phone I pin the site to my start screen. If it is something I am looking to access from PC or Phone, I "Share" via Email and send it to myself.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if any of you know this, but if you use Pocket (formerly Read It Later) and you want to save things from the web to your Pocket, do this:

First, set up a new contact called Share to Pocket or something...or maybe just Pocket. Include the email address: add@getpocket.com
While in IE on the page you want to save, tap the "..." >> share page >> tap an email account (i.e. Hotmail, Gmail) >> when the email opens up, in the To section, select your new Pocket contact >> send.

Now, when you go into your Pocket collection, you'll see the page you referenced. This saves you having to copy the link and then saving it some other way. I don't know if OneNote has a similar email address that would do this. And I know this isn't OneNote related, but so far, I can't find a way similar to this for saving web articles to OneNote other than copying the address, going into OneNote, and then saving.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a question. Is it possible to have a password protected note in 920's OneNote? The file I created is private documents and I want it to be easily access through OneNote but password protected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre