Suggestions on best Free Texting App for Canadians?

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving to Wind Mobile and since the network does not cover portions of the country, I want to use an app that will allow me to text for free (like Text+ but one that doesn't suck and stick me with an American number). I want the app to have a Canadian number so no one will have to pay to text me. Does anyone have any suggestions on apps or services?

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion! I have tried TextMe and it gave me an American number and not a Canadian one like I was looking for.

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at Heywire. I used to work for them and it is a very nice app. It provides Canadian phone numbers and one of the features I like most is that you can also text enable just about any IP device, iPad, iPod Touch, laptop/PC, readers, android tablets...you get the idea. Messages send and receive fast and sync up across devices if you use more than just one.

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried Heywire. The app wasn't great but ultimately the problem was that it provided me with a number with a New York area code.

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Textnow has solved the problem for me. It gave me a number with a Toronto area code and is working fine so far. Thanks everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786