Xbox Music VS Nokia Music

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Xbox Music Pros:

• Is 5 times faster than Nokia music
  • Very few if any problems of app instability
  • Larger album art than Nokia music (when playing album)
  • Ability to customize artist background images
  • Can build a playlist on the fly
  • Opening app takes you right to your music, videos without having to view junk like store ads. Takes me less time to access my collection.
  • Ability to pin an album cover to my start screen if I wanted to

Xbox Music Cons:

• No widescreen album support
  • Has to turn the volume up on the phone to 26-28 for loudness on headphones, whereas Nokia Music is only at 18-20 for the same decibel levels.
  • Ugly grey background with green text/Cannot conform to windows color themes
  • Difficult to change album artwork once it's already there. MPA Tool=necessity

Nokia Music Pros:

• Very cool album art live tile with song title/artist
  • You don't have to turn the volume up as loud using this app
  • Conforms to your own Windows color themes

Nokia Music Cons:

• App is slow and sometimes buggy
  • No ability to build a playlist within the app
  • Once you open the app, it is annoying to access your collection quickly and efficiently. Swipe a few times to the left or right to find your collection, and then good luck if you hit something like mix radio on accident.
  • No widescreen support.
  • No artist background ability unless it's a very popular artist
  • Album art is tiny

Both apps could use improvements, but I think after using Xbox music I'd have to stick with that. I should also note that in Xbox Music settings, the option to sync artist information is best left unticked because I destroys my music collection and screws all the metadata up, and most of the artist background images it places there aren't good looking.

andreirlopes

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
About the playlists on Xbox Music it's just sucks. It's not editable, you can't rearange the musics or delete any... If you put on playlist one wrong music, you'll have to create another one or live with that, if you forgot any, you'll have to create another one or live with that. I hope this get fixed on next updates. Also Windows Phone (yes, the system because it's a mess even on desktop app sync) is bad reading musics tags and it's important to work. My library is terrible because of that.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The other considerations are pricing. Nokia Music is $3.99/month. Xbox Music is $9.99/month or $99.90/year.

Definitely a factor for me, plus Nokia Music is free streaming of mixes on Lumia phones for now (not sure if its permanent). I've been able to download mixes as well which it says you need to pay for at website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte