Fantasy Football apps for the next season

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I got an invitation from a friend for a fantasy football leage on NFL.com, he said the app is available for android and iphone, but fortunatelly verizon has the NFL mobile app for WP and I can handle my Fantasy Football team with this app, previous years (android user) I received invitations from yahoo (apps available for iphone and android) and fox sports (no apps, online access), next season I'm going to suggest NFL because I know there's an app at least in verizon, does anybody know if there's any more apps to handle fantasy teams?

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the store "Football Live" that gives you direct access to your NFL.COM Fantasy Leagues.

There is also an app called "STATGNOME" that looks promising. It syncs whatever Yahoo FF Leagues & teams you have and gives you access to your teams.

Being new to WP I'll have to wait till the season starts to really evaulate the apps, but so far all of my teams and leagues from both Yahoo FF and NFL.Com are there and I have mobile access to all of them.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
There have never been any good FF apps for Windows Phone. You'll find ones that'll let you check your teams and maybe even make lineup changes and see live scoring, but you can't do all the things with them that you can with the apps on iPhone and Android. Sucks, bit it is what it is.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
There have never been any good FF apps for Windows Phone. You'll find ones that'll let you check your teams and maybe even make lineup changes and see live scoring, but you can't do all the things with them that you can with the apps on iPhone and Android. Sucks, bit it is what it is.

If it allows me to make last minute as-needed changes to my line up if I'm not home and away from my computer and let's me check stats on the go if I'm so inclined, then thats all i need to manage my team on the fly.

I don't need player bio's or how fast they ran the 40 at the Combine.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been regularly sending requests to Yahoo to make a fantasy sports app but they keep replying saying they don't have any plans for a WP app at the moment.

astromanluca

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I think ESPN has a fantasy app for Windows Phone. Far as I know they're the only ones.

I was on Android last year and NFL.com's fantasy app was just a wrapper for their mobile site, and a really bad one at that. At one point it completely stopped working. I was able to manage my fantasy teams by just finding the mobile fantasy site and bookmarking it, accessing it through a browser instead of the app. You'll probably have to do that from the phone as well. The good thing is the WP browser is really good and should work with most fantasy sites, so even if you have to do a lot of pinch zooming, it'll at least be possible.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This is a big downside of WP for me. I play Premier League Fantasy Football in the UK and there is no app. The last few seasons I was on iOS and the app was very useful. Now I have to logon to the PC or tablet.

First world problems though.

Red920

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Fantasy Football - The unnofficial FPL app by Jeevan Sivagnanasuntharam is quite basic but works very well (IMO better than the more offical one by Moshen). It also seems to work so far for the upcoming new season...

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
"I've been regularly sending requests to Yahoo to make a fantasy sports app but they keep replying saying they don't have any plans for a WP app at the moment"

Not a big surprise there!

Since Mayer took over Yahoo, they have been shedding services as fast as a snake shedding it's skin.

Yahoo's mobile services are not going to support anything not called ios or android

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon