Overture Music Player - a better music player

Clark Zhang

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Remember all the features you wished your default music player would have? Well, now they are here on Overture Music Player.
You can search through your music, make and save custom playlists, tap and hold anything too see the full song title (or album title or artist name), consolidate albums with the same name (no more will there be 10 copies of the same album name with different artists). You can easily navigate through your albums and artists and genres as they are all linked.
Overture Music Player | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

also, if you have any suggestions or ideas, i will be more than happy to implement them into a later version of the app

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded and bought it. Pretty nice, and I get why you did the playlist thing. Sucks it has to work that way.

Anyhow, here's my 2 feedback points, both design wise.

Remove the color from the ... at the bottom. Make the color just clear.

On the Song Queue box remove the background again, and space the songs slightly closer. Otherwise, pretty good start. Enjoy the 70 cents;)

Clark Zhang

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
sadly, it does not currently do that. the volume gain tags can not be accessed through the song normally. as soon as I can solve this issue, I will put it in

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Gapless playback? Something I've sorely missed since moving to Windows Phone! Or is that something that is dependant on the OS? Thanks!

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm fixing to buy this app. The fact that you can be contacted on this forum is also relieving. Thank you.

Edit: Well this is awkward, it crashes while loading on my 928 everytime.

Clark Zhang

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
@peteriusa, yes the songs do play one after another and will sound like it as long as your songs dont have silence in the begining or end of it.
@jaybotics, darn :(
@Dk92, do you happen to have any songs that start with a non-english character? it might crash the app while its trying to sort it alphabetically

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
@peteriusa, yes the songs do play one after another and will sound like it as long as your songs dont have silence in the begining or end of it.
@jaybotics, darn :(
@Dk92, do you happen to have any songs that start with a non-english character? it might crash the app while its trying to sort it alphabetically
Ah, I actually do. I'll sort that out and then get back to you.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It's still crashing exactly after displaying "Resuming". I deleted the few tracks that had beginning letters that weren't English.

Clark Zhang

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
hm... that's a really odd problem. try changing everything with a nonenglish character. hopefully that will work, and i will work on supporting different languages

alibabajuvenacca

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Would you be able to make the album artwork dominate the screen? Like on iOS? I really love that style, btw I like the search bar, but would you be able to just have it as a charm instead?

Clark Zhang

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
mm yes that is very classy. and by charm do you mean its normally hidden and will pop up?
the reason i have the searchbar always there is just for when you wanna quickly search something without wait.

Dream Master

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
i found your program while i tryin to find music player apps that can create playlist.
i wonder if you app can move up and down musics or the way to sort them in play list ?
and any animated live tile build-in ?

shayne6717

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Any future plans to add more formats? 95% of my music collection is in flac format. I do like the layout though.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Clark Zhang

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
hey
@dream master yes, that is next on the list for improvements (the move up and down), animated tile will be nice if i have enough time to make it
@shayne not currently. it can only support what the os can natively do sadly :(.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you make it so when we want to forward our song, let's say a minute, we have a dot and we move it instead of holding the skip button? Because Xbox Music doesn't have that yet, but I would love for it to have it.

Last edited:

rafaga12

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you considered adding a trial to your app? (either ad based or time limited), making your app as accessible as possible may turn on into some sales (and testing gapless audio it's a real killer!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes