AT&T Locker fail

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont see an update for this app.

This app is horrid. Which is a shame because we're talking 50 gb. Easy upload feature doesnt work at all. I installed this a couple weeks ago and forgot about it. Checked it this morning and noticed not one thing uploaded. Though I could stop the Easy Upload and manually upload a few pics. But sorry, that is not how its advertised to work, nor should it. The app should never have been released until it works. Do they not test their apps?

I really hope they fix this and quickly. But I doubt they will. ATT devs dont seem to be all that great. Even their normal website sucks. Its slow as all hell. So pardon me for being skeptical that we'll see a fix or proper app any time soon.

Chip O

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had zero issues since I deleted the app and reinstalled. Before that, it was getting stuck on "uploading image".

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had zero issues since I deleted the app and reinstalled. Before that, it was getting stuck on "uploading image".

Wow. You were right. Deleting and reinstalling seemed to do the trick for me as well. Even auto upload is working now.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You were right. Deleting and reinstalling seemed to do the trick for me as well. Even auto upload is working now.
Deleting an rinstalling fixed the issue where it would log me out every few minutes, definitely preventing my photos from automatically uploading. However, now I am signed in and the photos still only upload when I actively have the app open and the lock screen not timed out.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Man, even turning off my screen lockout and leaving the app running is just painfully slow. It's at least 30-40 seconds per image on my 920.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but if I want to upload pics, I have to keep the screen on and pointed at the AT&T Locker app; otherwise, it craps out and won't upload anything. What's the point of auto upload if you have to sit and watch it upload? OY!

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I abused my phone and left it go for 15 minutes at a time. Finally all my backlogged pictures are uploaded. Went out today and shot 5 pictures. Home now, they're up on Skydrive but not on Locker. So the app flat out doesn't work as advertised.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I did call AT&T recently for something about my plan, and mentioned the sub-par Windows Phone version of AT&T Locker. The rep I spoke with said I was the only one he's spoken to with a Windows Phone. Maybe more of us should call and just flat out complain about the AT&T Locker app?

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I was worried that I was the only one having problems with this app.

I've been using the AT&T Locker app on a Lumia 1020 but the "Easy Upload" feature doesn't seem to work.

It's set to automatically upload pictures when I'm connected to a WiFi network but it never uploads anything automatically.

When I go to the "Upload Monitor" area, I see dozens of files listed, apparently ready to be uploaded but they never go anywhere.

If I manually upload a picture, it appears in the "Upload Monitor" area and uploads right away, but the others on the list still don't go anywhere.

I did try uninstalling and re-installing the app and that seemed to have resolved some issues. It will now upload images but only if I have the app open. If I go to a different app or the lock screen screen comes up, it interrupts any uploads and they won't resume until go back to the app.

I have a feeling that all these problems are a result of AT&T not taking Windows Phone users seriously. Why would they release such a buggy app?

I'm going to test this same app on an iPhone tonight. I have a sneaky suspicion that it will work better on that platform.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to test this same app on an iPhone tonight. I have a sneaky suspicion that it will work better on that platform.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Their website uploading sucks, too. I'm ready to find another place to back up my 38MP images and call it good with AT&T Locker. It's terrible and frustrating all around, and I'm usually patient with web services and software (I write software for a large company).

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I installed AT&T Locker on an iPhone last night, logged in to my AT&T Locker account and set up Easy Upload for WiFi only. I then left the app and never opened it again.

I took 5 test pictures (which looked like crap compared to the ones I've taken with my Lumia 1020) and waited 10 minutes. I then logged in to my AT&T Locker account on a computer. ALL FIVE NEW PICTURES WERE THERE, as expected.

I took another seven pictures and forgot to check, but 20 minutes later, the new pictures were there! Like magic!!

Why can't AT&T make sure that the WP8 version of this app works at least as well as the iOS version?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb