Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mase123987
  • 2 Post By bilzkh
  • 1 Post By Superboy Micah

I appreciate Rudy Huyns work and the apps that he is bringing to the platform. I also really like that he does have a discernable style as opposed to white text on black background.

I'm just not thrilled with his styling. Am I the only one? Just something about it irks me in a way.

Global Posts
    32,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I do not use his apps.

I don't use his apps also... but he is doing great job developing wikipedia, 6sec and 6stagram for our beloved OS - thats for sure. :-)

I really like his style. It's even better with 6tagram
    This dude is awesome. I like his style. His apps looks far better than a lot of other developers(look at instance for example) and I appreciate all the work he goes through to make our experience as good as possible.
    I like the style of his app for 6sec but for 6tagram its odd, instance has a better UI for instagram

Global Posts
    1,150 Global Posts
    I love his Wiki app and use it frequently. I downloaded 6sec, but never used it yet, so I can't speak on it's design.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokudu View Post
    I appreciate Rudy Huyns work and the apps that he is bringing to the platform. I also really like that he does have a discernable style as opposed to white text on black background.

I'm just not thrilled with his styling. Am I the only one? Just something about it irks me in a way.
    What don't you like about his app exactly? Always best to give specific examples and solutions. Doing that helps devs out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I like his work, actually. If Microsoft or Vine or Instagram does not act for Windows phone, I am glad he steps up.

However, I am disappointed in the fact that 6sec is "free", but you have to pay to post. While I understand these things cost money to make and maintain, make it pay up front.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant2000 View Post
    I like his work, actually. If Microsoft or Vine or Instagram does not act for Windows phone, I am glad he steps up.

However, I am disappointed in the fact that 6sec is "free", but you have to pay to post. While I understand these things cost money to make and maintain, make it pay up front.
    Problem is that some people will think the exact opposite. Really is a catch 22....

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I'm not sure, but were you around in the early WP7 days over 2 years ago?

In those days 3rd party clients for YouTube were a joke compared to what we have on WP today. One app, i.e. LazyTube, wasn't particularly pretty nor functional, it had to launch YouTube videos through the browser. However, over the course of a few months the amazing developers at LazyWorm brought the YouTube client's functions up to par with Google's official YouTube apps on iOS and Android. In some respects, this 3rd party client was better than Google's official apps. The app I am talking about is none other than MetroTube

Instance is still a version 1.0 product, though a damn good one compared to the way MetroTube and others started out. Rudy did an awesome job and I am excited to see how he will evolve and further develop the app, exciting times ahead.

Also, having seen LazyWorm and other developers (e.g. Davide Bergamini, Seles Games, Liquid Daffodil and WPC's own Jay Bennet) grew their apps over the past couple of years on WP is probably the reason why I am sticking with this platform. It's just amazing to see these people contribute in such amazing and unique ways, so kudos to all of them, especially Rudy for a great showing with Instance!
    Thanked by:
    WavingReds and TechFreak1 like this.

Instance isn't Rudy's app mate, it's made by Daniel Gary :-) Rudy Hyun is beta testing '6stagram' his own Instagram client
    Quote Originally Posted by Martsicky View Post
    Instance isn't Rudy's app mate, it's made by Daniel Gary :-) Rudy Hyun is beta testing '6stagram' his own Instagram client
    I know that, I'm just saying that I like how Rudy has 6sec(vine) layout, but I like how Daniel has instance (instagram). Rudys 6tagram is obviously more featured but I still like instance's UI better. It feels more like a official instagram app to me

Quote Originally Posted by Killer BIGxyz View Post
    I know that, I'm just saying that I like how Rudy has 6sec(vine) layout, but I like how Daniel has instance (instagram). Rudys 6tagram is obviously more featured but I still like instance's UI better. It feels more like a official instagram app to me
    yup, forget to quote, my post is to blizkh

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Yeah I think the style works wonders for Vine, not so much for IG.
    It's weird.
    Instances UI is a tad blah to me especially since we have 6sec and 6stagram.

The filters for it suck instance as well.

I'm just glad we have an app that is actually going to work well and be better supported than instance ever was.
    borasar likes this.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I like his "style" it looks VERY nice. However, I would much prefer a more metroish UI. I prefer Instance's UI but I still like Rudy's take on UI :)

I think one change that needs to be made is move the "My Profile" and "Activity" buttons to the bottom.

He should also make a facebook app with real time chat/messaging ��

I like whatever the devs decide to support, better than nothing =)

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah Dawson View Post
    Instances UI is a tad blah to me especially since we have 6sec and 6stagram.

The filters for it suck instance as well.

I'm just glad we have an app that is actually going to work well and be better supported than instance ever was.
    U say "...ever was." like its been out for a long time. Instance has only been out a month or 2. Its practically a beta, itself. I do believe that 6stagtam will win me over from Instance, but u can't deny that Instance is a great app.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Rudy and Gary both have excellent design sense. Clean, minimal and functional. If you don't like it, you probably don't have good taste!