windows 8 bing apps on windows phone 8 now!!!!

n3on

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I find them disappointing apart from the weather as they mostly just redirect you to a website with some feeds with no way of knowing which ones will do so. For example, the Sky app has all the stories within the app while Bing news shows a headline then just sends you to their ad heavy site when clicked. Not very elegant.

It did this for newly added sources until I closed and restarted the app, try that.

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
All these apps are awesome.. Particularly news and finance apps are most comprehensive among others.. I would love to see lock screen support soon..

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It did this for newly added sources until I closed and restarted the app, try that.

Does it for me everytime whether they are new sources or not. Sky news, BBC news and sports, USA Today and CNN all work like this compared to sources like AP.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who loves Bing Weather more than AccuWeather?

Nope. In the UK, it should be aptly named " InAccuWeather" !! I've replaced it with Bing Weather too. Now it's a tough call btwn Bing, or Weather View. Both great Weather Apps

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
All 4 apps are in my phone and I am so happy with the apps...

But I kinda wish MS did this via a Bing Hub like what HTC does with their HTC Hub thing. Like a press of the search button actually takes us to the Bing Hub where we can access all the Bing apps. Wouldn't that be kinda neat?

Dave da Silva

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I works in Portugal and I am really enjoying the Bing Weather app.
The Weather Channel app and AccuWeather app that are recommended by Nokia don't work in my location and I have to use 50Km distance locations to have weather in my phone. With this one I have it and it's more accurate and actually the temperature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb